Auction Ideas Thread

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Teri

Auction Ideas Thread

Post by Teri »

Rias's words on the auction. It was stressful between staff and players. He thinks overall it was successful but, in the future, it will be automated the future and uncertain cut off day to avoiding sniping. Put in your bid instead of waiting until last second. Likes the idea of auctions and raffles both the future.

Asking for ideas for the future, not feedback on current auction features, please.

One idea is one's initial bid, and one's complete max bid they are willing to go up to. Similar to websites I'm familiar with on bidding.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Marcuson

Re: Auction Ideas Thread

Post by Marcuson »

I'm going to hijack this thread with a list of items that could be offered at future auctions.
  • a single keg (not barrel) of red wine
  • a single burlap sack of coffee beans
  • a spying-glass
  • an oilseed press of ingenious Khaldean design
  • a superior fjelbrons greataxe engraved with runes
  • some superior silver-buckled bison leather boots
  • a superior kobaltarn misericorde with a wire-wrapped hilt
  • a fine skein of shimmery-white silk thread (bundled:100)
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Not sure if this has been done, but something druid related, that can only be utilized by one. Uh special horses. An ingot/bar of very special metal. A superior ranged weapon with strings that doesn't break. An avocado.
"The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't." — Christopher Paolini
Squeak

Post by Squeak »

Random perusing of the BBS led me to this:

Use a silent auction method during an event (like a celebratory dinner) with a multitude of items strewn out among tables with boxes in front of them labeled with lot numbers. All characters will have to do is, "Bid <lot#> <amount>" to log an entry to that item/items. Perhaps limit the overall number of bids available to a character to prevent obsessively wealthy people from just bidding 1m on each item. If your bid is the highest, you pay and collect your prize. If you choose to bid 500,000 riln on something where the next closest bid is only 25,000, oh well. You just spent half a million on it.

I don't know how often auctions and the like come up, but this would limit the amount of stress on GM's, but probably put more on us players, especially those ones that are naturally indecisive.

A few things to add:
Custom or special horses
Doggos, or other domesticatable animals, as traveling companions and farm "herders"
Crafting implements with special "perks" - i.e. a pair of scissors that never dull, player-owned spinning wheels or anvils (as Farm "furniture")
Rare and unusual Aetgardian artefacts that may or may not have any particular purpose