Inventive Inventory Investigative Internal Discussion

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Gorth

Inventive Inventory Investigative Internal Discussion

Post by Gorth »

In my second post in this topic, I mentioned two things.
  1. Changing the 'Cuirass' slot to the 'vest' slot, and thus adding torso armor into the stack of torso-worn clothing, I.E.
    ... a scarlet hooded oilcloth cloak draped over an engraved iron cuirass worn over a white button-up shirt...
    I think this already cuts down on verbosity, which was one of the main wishes in this topic's posting.
  2. The whole idea of condensing similar-purpose items into sets that display attractively and lower the overall output of the LOOK commands, generally.
I was hoping people had thoughts on either of these, as well as any other suggestions on how we might cut down on verbosity in general, or thoughts on the inventory system as a whole. I believe that at the moment, the way clothing slots work is really finicky and has a handful of bugs - I can find my bug reports on them later - and could do with a reform of some kind. Really I think that a type of clothing should have an area (body, feet, legs) and a layer-level, (1, 2, 3, 4) where it sits. The level just affects what it conflicts with (things in that level), and how it displays in the stacks. Conceptually this messes with 'beltworn', necklace, ring and similar, and the mask situation would be finicky to make work in this one, but I think it's kind of ludicrous how much people can wear on there heads in general, if they really have a mind to.

Anyway I'll keep pondering this and see if I can't iron out how my ideal inventory display system would work, and hopefully lay it out in a simple and parseable way. Thoughts are more than welcome. I demand them, but in a nice, puppy-dog eyes way. This is something I actually feel pretty strongly about and I would like to put work into helping change.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Gorth

Re: Inventive Inventory Investigative Internal Discussion

Post by Gorth »

I believe that hooded cloaks, robes and other items with hoods added should provide warmth to the head and neck when pulled up.

I believe that helmets, caps, hat and other similar head slots should slot with headbands and similar things, as in:
She is wearing a black leather tricorn over a blue leather hairband ...
Did I mention hairbands or ribbons to put in hair would be cool? I kind of imagine the headband items that way, but i'm not sure if that's right or not. With things so nebulous, and often undescribed, it's kind of hard to make sure everyone thinks the same way.

POSTSCRIPT: As we get more and more clothing items, using different equipment slots, greathelm is different from helmet is different from hat, that all interact just a little bit differently with things, the system will only get more conveluded and complicated, hence my suggestion in post one, about revamping the clothing system with more specific numbering. I am still considering it, do not worry.
Gorth

Re: Inventive Inventory Investigative Internal Discussion

Post by Gorth »

A list of topics that I like, that offer neat clothing ideas:
I'll happily add to this should I find or be told about other topics with interesting equipment ideas.