Druidry Abilities / Primalist thoughts

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Lornelth

Druidry Abilities / Primalist thoughts

Post by Lornelth »

I will preface this with I'm a new(er)/returning player that didn't get real into it the first time, but took a far more patient approach this time and am enjoying it much more. So there could be changes planned, pitched and such that I am not yet aware of, and would gladly be pointed in the right direction.

Thoughts regarding the Primalist only, since it's the class I went with for my 'first' longer term character:

Bonus to rerolls using wooden based weapons (cudgel, shillelagh, quarterstaff, etc); not as much as a Warrior might, but maybe based on their Druidry? So that Primalists aren't so reliant upon being mounted for that bonus?
A Druidry ability to allow you to somewhat change the damage type of a wooden weapon; i.e.: change the cudgel so it has spikes, shape the end of a quarterstaff into a spear - temporary damage type change, duration based on Druidry.

Druidry mentions partial shapeshifting already, so that has me excited.

Ability: 'nature walk' or 'forest walk' that would reduce energy cost/traveltime when moving thru forested tiles. Perhaps a bonus to stealth if hidden in them.
Ability: Something earth related that repeated uses of might be useful for clearing stumps, or a combat option related to balancing yourself/unbalancing your target.
Ability: Something fire related; not from nothing, but carrying a torch in one hand, perhaps, and either sustaining the flame longer/ making it jump to a target. Extinguishes the torch but a chance to set the target on fire.

Lots of ideas but also trying to work within the confines of what I see in other abilities and keeping to the primal nature that the druid bond implies.

Would be nice to see their woodcraft/woodcutting skill caps increased similar to ranger, but might not understand how much a high Druidry impacts their current abilities other than duration.