Viewing the entire inventory of an inn room/bank vault

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Taliaferro

Viewing the entire inventory of an inn room/bank vault

Post by Taliaferro »

Could we get a command to do this, please? I have a whole lot of stuff stashed in my inn room at any given time. Tonight I noticed that a couple pieces of text had gone missing. One registered, and one not. I looked in every container I could find, and in every container within a container within a container. It's possible I missed something, and it's possible that I lost the items elsewhere in the game, I guess!

Whether my items actually got lost or if I'm just an idiot, I'd like to be able to just type INVENTORY ROOM ALL or something like that, and be shown a list of all the items, without having to do a hunt like one would do to try to find the soul of Koschei the Deathless.

If this is already possible, feel free to point and laugh at me.
Gorth

Re: Viewing the entire inventory of an inn room/bank vault

Post by Gorth »

This is not currently possible, and I would more than possibly like it made possible if possible.

As a note, though, their was a reason crash of the server, which usually results in odd item movements. If you know specifically what you may have lost, use the REPORT command and be endlessly verbose like I am.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

CONTENTS lists all the items in a room in a list form.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Does it recursively show the contents of containers, though?
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Lamia

Post by Lamia »

Being able to call up the entire contents of a room (or a handcart, a vault or any large storage container with smaller organizational containers inside of it) in one list, including those items in other containers, would really be handy. I say this as a person who spent a ridiculous amount of time combing through the contents of my inn room and IT'S containers in the course of some inventory management. I then took a nap directly afterwards to recover from the experience.
You say, "Well, they probably use goblets, but better table manners are still no reason to join a bloodcult."