Cause of Death: Unnatural Causes

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Gorth

Cause of Death: Unnatural Causes

Post by Gorth »

Be cool if we had either an ability or some way to see more information about wounds on a corpse. Hard to roleplay with corpses when you don't know if the severe chest wound is from a stiletto or being cavity invaded by a Fjelbeist's head. Not sure, at the moment how to handle it, but I'm really tired. I'll have ideas in the morning, maybe. I'd like it if you guys had ideas, too. Moreso, I'd like it if you had those ideas and then posted them. Small and unformed doesn't matter. It's discourse. Colaborative effert. I think Rias needs to make us do team building excersises.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Gorth

Re: Cause of Death: Unnatural Causes

Post by Gorth »

Stream of Consciousness time:

> LOOK corpse
Wounds:
Chest: Severe Wound.
Abdomen: Major Wound, bandaged.
Right arm: Minor Wound.

> EXAMINE CORPSE
Using your minor anatomical knowledge, you carefully examine the corpse of Rias.
Wounds:
Chest: Severe crushing wound.
abdomen: Major stab wound, bandaged.
Right arm: Minor wound.

> EXAMINE CORPSE
Using your moderate anatomical knowledge, you examine the corpse of Rias.
Wounds:
Chest: Severe crushing wound, probably by a blunt weapon.
Abdomen: Major stab wound, probably by a wider blade like a longsword, bandaged.
Right Arm: Minor slash wound.

> EXAMINE CORPSE
Using your extreme anatomical knowledge, you carefully examine the corpse of Rias.
Wounds:
Chest: Severe crushing wound, from something blunt, but small, like the rim of a shield.
Abdomen: Major stab wound, from a wider blade like a longsword, bandaged.
Right Arm: Minor slash wound, from a wider blade like a longsword.

It'd be neat if multiple skills could affect this, or different skills could affect what information you get. I.E. to get specifics about weaponry used to cause the wounds, higher metalworking might be useful. To get information about tactics or other, undetermined, information, higher combat skills might be helpful. Things like that.

An idea like this might take a little fiddling to program properly, but I think it'd be really cool, and allow us to pay more attention to corpses rather than just, 'Oh look, corpse. Drag time. Oh, severe wound. My character can see if that's a wound where ribs are sticking multiple directions, or there's just a little stiletto hole in the middle, but i can't!'

It'd be neat if someone found a corpse in, say, the middle of Tarueka, where they only use bludgeoning weapons as far as I remember, but they have like, a big ol' hole in them. And people go, 'Whaaa? What stabbed Fred? Mr. Holmes, we've got a crime to solve!' You know?

P.S.: I feel like, for major cases, it'd be easy to tell the difference. Someone unskilled I could understand skipping over a minor stab wound and a minor slash wound, or mixing up a slash and a hack wound. But if I bash someone's chest in with a buckler, sorry Prism, it's going to look different than if I stabbed him. Or if my horse kicked him to death.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.