Perception in poor weather conditions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Delphine

Perception in poor weather conditions

Post by Delphine »

(I just want to preface this by saying I'm not salty over what just happened IC. I logged out because I don't have time to do the RP surrounding it justice.)

Peering into a room before entering it saves lives. This practice has definitely saved my character on multiple occasions. But with the code change that you can't peer through certain weather conditions, this has definitely made it harder to scout in certain situations. Which is fine! I actually enjoy the code change as it makes everything feel more real and dangerous.

However, I'd like to suggest that if the weather is so bad you can't peer through it, that everyone in that room (PCs and mobs) should take a hit to their Perception skill. It doesn't really make a whole lot of sense to me that the weather's so bad, I can't see them, but it's not so bad that they can't immediately see me when I sneak into the room.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Rias
DEV

Re: Perception in poor weather conditions

Post by Rias »

Per the changelog: Precipitation weather conditions in outdoor rooms now grant a positive reroll to stealth checks and a negative reroll to perception checks.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO