Crooked Branches Tweak

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Dennis

Crooked Branches Tweak

Post by Dennis »

Hey all,

I know winter is winding down and so the need for firewood is going away for a bit. I'm getting a lot of crooked branches from logging, and I'm having a hard time placing them for 'useful bloat'.
This could be an issue with the campfire capacity, or with the branches themselves, or with my methodology. Felling a large tree generates hundreds of branches, which fall into LARGE, MEDIUM, or SMALL. There is no fatwood variety of crooked branch. Because the burntime on branches is low, I'm spending a lot of time tending the fire. This is realistic, but a bit fiddly.

Fuel Time: A full campfire lasts about 1 hour and a half.
Large branches (of which 15 can be put into a campfire) 5 minute
Medium branches (of which 33 can be put into a campfire) 2 minute
small branch (of which about 66 can be put into a campfire) 1 minute

It's a bit fiddly to need to go through SPLIT X branch put branch in campfire every few minutes to feed a campfire. If there was a way to automatically feed crooked branches into a campfire, that would be appreciated.
Another suggestion below.
As there is little use for crooked branches outside of creating campfire bundles and campfire teepees, it would be nice if branches could be added in larger quantities to campfires, or if we had a larger campfire option we could build to light more branches at once. This helps generate more charcoal, or reduces the amount of fiddling with individual branch quantities.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Gorth

Re: Crooked Branches Tweak

Post by Gorth »

Beyond donating to places that need it (which more would be cool) and making campfire bundles (which are slow and sometimes annoying to do), I agree with this. I and several others can also attest that even with fatwood (which burns for the longest), sometimes you'll be RPing somewhere around a fire and have to kind of stop for a minute here and there to add to the fire. It isn't like, a super big life ending deal, but it is a little annoying.

Thus, I am in large support of a way to set up a fire for larger burning of branches/fuel; perhaps a deticated bonfire spot? It'd be neat to be able to dig firepits in farms (permanent until buried) or temporary ones (that get janitored after the fire gets out) out in the wilderness. Maybe these just simply can create fires with a larger capacity. Maybe it even decreases cooktime by ten percent or something on some foods. That'd be cool!
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.