More Scale Items

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Navi

Re: More Scale Items

Post by Navi »

Would be nice to create charms with the use of leather working.
A yellow scale sun charm
Could use them to decorate furniture.
a simple aspen chair lined with supple crimson scales
A table decorated with a mosaic design
look at them to get a better look at the design on the table.
The designs could be chosen during crafting and require specific numbers and types of scales.
Use them in decorating pottery.
A large clay jar with a collar of bronze-yellow scales.
Perhaps even the same design feature that furniture gets.
HTH
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Rias wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:56 am I might be envisioning things weird, but clothing items like cloaks or coats or such made from these scales don't seem like they'd be very comfortable, and it would be odd to have, say, a wyrmscale longcoat that doesn't provide any protection while a wyrmscale cuirass does. These are relatively large and thick scales, hence their protective properties and usage as armor. I could see them used decoratively/stylistically as a part of various items, but I hesitate to add non-protective apparel that implies it's made primarily of these armor-grade scales.
Maybe have an additional step in preparing them for clothing, with an accompanying ability similar to ridgeleather armor - where you have to treat the scales to soften them without making them fall apart.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

Rias wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:56 am I might be envisioning things weird, but clothing items like cloaks or coats or such made from these scales don't seem like they'd be very comfortable, and it would be odd to have, say, a wyrmscale longcoat that doesn't provide any protection while a wyrmscale cuirass does. These are relatively large and thick scales, hence their protective properties and usage as armor. I could see them used decoratively/stylistically as a part of various items, but I hesitate to add non-protective apparel that implies it's made primarily of these armor-grade scales.
I was admittedly thinking more accented clothing. Leather longcoat with amethyst scale-accented shoulders, for example. Could be a further ability for leatherworkers to take, and an introduction to finishing touches on clothes (I have lists!)

I also like Lexx's idea of needing to soften the scales and kill the armour properties of it before use for non-protective apparel. Perhaps they can just be added to the fetid barrel and scraped like fur to make it easier (and requires an ability)
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Rilulth wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:35 pm
I was admittedly thinking more accented clothing. Leather longcoat with amethyst scale-accented shoulders, for example. Could be a further ability for leatherworkers to take, and an introduction to finishing touches on clothes (I have lists!)

I also like Lexx's idea of needing to soften the scales and kill the armour properties of it before use for non-protective apparel. Perhaps they can just be added to the fetid barrel and scraped like fur to make it easier (and requires an ability)
New command suggestion: massage. You have to treat the scales with a solution, soak them, and then MASSAGE SCALE them to soften them up without them fully falling apart. Plus, when we get kale as a crop we're ready to massage those tough, leafy greens. :lol:
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."