Guard Compensation for Members of the Warriors Guild

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Navi

Guard Compensation for Members of the Warriors Guild

Post by Navi »

A way to compensate player characters who take the time to RP being a guard would be awesome. I’m enjoying finding guards to travel with me as I make my rounds throughout the Lost Lands. I just feel bad that they may not be gaining experience, or otherwise be compensated other than the riln I supply. As it can take me a full 30 minutes to 45 minutes to make the loop, I think having a mechanic to hire someone from Stormholdt as a proper guard would do wonders for encouraging this kind of RP.
Some rewards I can think of would be that the guard gains the same amount of experience as you do while they are guarding. Seeing as combat generates an enormous amount of experience from individual fights, I don’t think this is a terrible idea. If it must be regulated, perhaps 40% of the experience gained by the client also goes to the guard’s bucket.
This seems like an excellent way for the guard to also gain merit with the guild. When guarding an individual, they could gain merit towards their guild based on the amount of experience that is processed. Rather than the reward be based on how much experience goes into the bucket, this reward would depend on the length of time spent guarding.
These are the two ideas I came up with. I think they’re pretty reasonable. If anyone has any other suggestions, please share them. Thanks for reading!
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again