Druidry Rituals

Communion with primal forces associated with animals, plants, and the very world itself.
Lexx416

Re: Druidry Rituals

Post by Lexx416 »

Very simple one: I think it'd be great if Primalists got access to some sort of AOE version of the raw druid cast, so that they can affect multiple things in the room with the calm effect.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

Ability: Dendrochronology.
If a druid examines a tree stump with an active Druidry channel open, they can read more into tree rings than most ordinary observers. Druids are presented with a short flashback summary of that tree's lifespan, with special attention given to the profiles of any individuals who:
1) spurred its growth
2) felled or otherwise harmed the tree
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

tulpa wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:47 am Ability: Dendrochronology.
If a druid examines a tree stump with an active Druidry channel open, they can read more into tree rings than most ordinary observers. Druids are presented with a short flashback summary of that tree's lifespan, with special attention given to the profiles of any individuals who:
1) spurred its growth
2) felled or otherwise harmed the tree
I like this, and it'd be cool if higher Druidry would reveal more knowledge about the tree's past.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Firerose

Post by Firerose »

I really like this idea, Tulpa! (Tree life and rings.) I'm concerned people would then potentially pick on the ones who fell the trees, but at the same time it could be helpful in other ways, and overall a fun thing to look into the tree's past. I like it, just would not want to see people take it to a militant level.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I had this idea while swamps cropped up as the topic on #game - it'd be cool to have some kind of alligator/crocodile esque Swamp Druid Power that offers two benefits: increased stealth rolls and movement speed in shallow water, and increased movement speed plus the ability to stealth in rooms that you have to swim in (I'm pretty sure that as of writing this you can't stealth in deep water, but I'm not 100% sure). Lend us your might, Great Alligator!
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I could have sworn this was already suggested, but I took a look around the BBS and didn't see it - apologies if I overlooked it somewhere! But it'd be great if there was a Druidic ability that could be used to deal with felled trees. I don't want an instant "tree-be-gone" button by any stretch, but something that (over time) removes a tree log-by-log. I was thinking something like a channeled effect that begins to set in decay and rot for the tree at a supernatural rate. Something like: for every X seconds spend channeling at a tree (probably something like 60 to 120 seconds, maybe more, so that it takes a good bit of dedicated time) means that every bell one of the "logs" in the tree will disappear (it'd be great if doing this also increased the growth rate of flora similar to the Growth spell but on a lesser level, as the tree is returned back to nature). This would give folks time to keep whacking at the tree before it goes. I'd also have this slowly drain sanity while being channeled, with only a portion of the drain avoidable through a meditation check.
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

I like that concept very much.

I would tweak it slightly so that rather than increasing growth rates generally, this method has a chance to spur new growth of (forageable) fungi in the room. I know yet more items isn't high on the priority list at the moment, but there needn't be a million different varieties for this to be a nice added touch!

It would also be an great case for utilising multiple channels of druidry, either from an individual or by "stacking" multiple druids' efforts.