Market Balancing: Dye and Metal Shortages

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Gorth

Market Balancing: Dye and Metal Shortages

Post by Gorth »

HELP DYE wrote: Dye is used to change the color of applicable items made from dyable materials. A good place to look for dyes is the town market. Selling certain items to the market has a chance of eventually producing their associated dyes at the market after a while. (Means of crafting dye are planned, but not yet implemented).
As far as I've ever been able to tell, this is not correct. I would love this system, but my point is more, what if this was also how it worked for metal? Like if we spent the time to craft a lot of iron items for the market, we'd get more iron ingots. Maybe don't count little things like nails or such, but the fact that metal, something so universally important that people will go to war for it, is entirely player driven and often stagnates for months at a time, is bad. Especially because I still want to play characters who don't always go out to get their own materials. I want to pay other players to get practice and XP, too.
I wrote this on Discord as a response to people talking about the limitted payout of mining. Unfortunately, something of this affect might lower the benifits of mining even further, but as there aren't a lot of things to made of, say, tin, it might become more important to find people to mine it, should it be needed.
Difficult to balance, but I think it would be cool, and add to the economy, a bit.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.