Adding a "Last ____" Command - Last Question, Last Social, Etc

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Staz

Adding a "Last ____" Command - Last Question, Last Social, Etc

Post by Staz »

So not too long ago, I played a MUD that had a "last" command which you could use along with a type of message in order to repeat the last 20 similar messages you had seen. For example, "last question" would spit out the last 20 lines of messages from the question channel. There was also "last say" and "last emote" which would show the last 20 times the say command was used in your character's presence or by your character, or the last 20 emotes performed/witnessed. I think these could also be rolled together into last social, which would just show the last 20 lines of combined emotes, says, and social commands.

In a game with a lot of repetitive text that people may not always want to gag, this might be a useful command for catching up with what's going on. It would be good to have "last announcement" for in-game staff messages, "last ooc" in case you miss a tell, "last esp", etc. "Last examine" would also be useful.
Gorth

Re: Adding a "Last ____" Command - Last Question, Last Social, Etc

Post by Gorth »

A lot of this stuff I have scripted to be accessible at a keypress myself, but I recognize that most people probably don't care to/don't know how to do that. This would be cool. I'd be super into a LAST OOC thing to show me GM messages. Those are sometimes hard to trigger on. I'm talking about the messages that look like:
========================================
Elemancy is easy. You just caldrate the mulnimator and envoke the translamanation maker and you're golden.
========================================

Like that. That exactly.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.