Druidry Rituals

Communion with primal forces associated with animals, plants, and the very world itself.
notgreg

Re: Druidry Rituals

Post by notgreg »

It'd be neat if at 400 Druidry Primalists could use Bioluminescence to reveal people/creatures hiding in their room, maybe on a long cooldown or for a very high energy cost? I'm thinking the markings glow really brightly and then burn out and you can't do it for a while.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

A druidic ritual/ability where the druid enchants and hucks a mushroom at an enemy, which releases a cloud of spores around them - would be neat if different mushrooms had different effects (varying levels of lethality, maybe different status effects), and if Primalists had a bonus that let them, at 400 druidry, cast the spell on any mushrooms growing in the room (requires forageable mushrooms) and fills the entire room with the spore cloud for a bit.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Lexx416 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:08 pm Probably not something that's, strictly speaking, super useful, but an ability that makes trees in an area resistant to logging, making them tougher to cut down would be pretty neat for those that want to tend and protect areas.
Updated suggestion for this one

Heart of the Ironwood

Causes all trees in the area (see: room), for the duration, to be more resistant to logging - causing more durability damage to axes, and taking less damage from axes. However, if someone manages to fell a tree that's under the effect of Heart of the Ironwood and process the lumber before the duration ends, the wood produced has a higher than normal durability (would also count for branches removed specifically from said tree).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I'd love to see something like the Summon Mount come to Cogg, for Druids. I'm not sure if it's entirely worth spending a whole ability slot on for what amounts to just a Cool Flavor Ability (I just feel bad making Mack's mule wait around for her in the same spot all day) with some minor utility, so maybe it ought to have some other kind of utility attached to it (improving a mount's morale possibly, at the cost of sanity?) as well.

If that were the case, I'd also tie another minor penalty to using it - summoning and dismissing a mount would only work in Wilderness rooms, and if you summon a mount in a room you didn't dismiss it in, it takes a while to show up based on how far away you are from the initial room.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I'd love to see a Druidic power or ritual that lets Druids become non-hostile to beasts (at least for a minute or two while in the same room with a hostile critter) with some kind of downside to it. Maybe it's mystical pheremones that make human NPCs hostile to you, and has a decently long duration and can't be dismissed.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

I would like to suggest a possible druidic ability that gives a character natural armor akin to light armor called "Wildhide" that would help them synergize better with their toolkit. As a shapechanging ability, it would strongly impact their sanity akin to other shapechange abilities. I believe that this would add value to the game by supplementing the 'die hard' creed of primalist emergent fighting. To call upon all of the spirits into oneself and go feral.

"Wildhide"
IC Description: The caster calls upon the spirit of the bear, one of the strongest and toughest creatures of the wild, to grant them protection in battle. Their skin thickens and hardens, taking on the durable properties of a bear's hide and granting them natural protection against attacks.
OOC Description: This ability grants the character natural protection akin to light armor for the duration.
Usage: cast wildhide or cast whide
Roundtime: 3
Energy Usage: -40
Duration Factors:
Base: 600
Max: 43200
== Skills ==
Druidry: 2/rank
== Attributes ==
Constitution: +15%
Willpower: +20%
== Affinities ==
Shapechanging: 36/rank

Bonus Effects
"Wild Strength"
Class: Primalist
Skill required: Druidry: 400
Description: While channeling druidry and having the Wildhide effect active, the primalist increases their strength, which stacks with other strength modifiers, as it is known that bears are incredibly strong.

Another suggestion to supplement the non-warrior training of a traditional druid would be to add awareness of enemies to them, as well as supplementing their ability to avoid detection.

"Awareness of the Hunted"
Ability Type: Druidic
IC Description: The druid calls upon the spirit of the prey animals, such as rabbits and deer, known for their sharp and keen senses that allow them to detect any incoming danger. With this ability, the druid is able to tap into this heightened sense of awareness, allowing them to reveal any hidden creatures in the room.
OOC Description: This ability grants the character the ability to detect hidden creatures in the area for a short duration.
Usage: cast awareness or cast ahunt
Roundtime: 10
Energy Usage: -30
Duration Factors:
Base: 30
Max: 120
== Skills ==
Druidry: 15/rank
== Attributes ==
Perception: +20%
Willpower: +15%
== Affinities ==

Bonus Effects
"Silent Steps"
Class: Primalist
Description: While channeling druidry and having the Awareness of the Hunted effect active, the primalist's footsteps become silent, granting a bonus to stealth checks while moving around.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Given the game's weather is drawn from real world weather stations, I think it'd be cool (if possible) for there to be a Druidic ability that let us predict the weather over the next 24 hours, for the region the ability is being used in.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I don't think this has been suggested before, but a very classic D&D spell suggestion for Druidry (maybe even Primalists only, even if my ranger craves such a thing):

Pass Without Trace

Obscures/obfuscates tracks left behind when moving through non-urban areas. If this was a general Druidry ability, Primalists could get a "group" version.
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

I feel like this should play into woodland stealth/urban stealth. I haven't noticed a huge benefit from having either, especially urban.
"The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't." — Christopher Paolini
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Tessa wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:08 am I feel like this should play into woodland stealth/urban stealth. I haven't noticed a huge benefit from having either, especially urban.
Honestly, I've found Woodland Stealth to be amazing. That + Footpad are the two abilities I miss the most whenever I'm playing a non-adventurer that uses stealth (mostly, my berserker). The roundtime reduction alone is pretty nice, and when it's all said and done it lets me scoot around areas in stealth twice as fast as non-adventurers.