Mistral Lake initial (and rather bare) release!

Built on a lake, shrouded in unnatural fog, and under the law and protection of the mysterious Mistveil Keep. Was once the seat of the now-dissolved Mistveil Dominion.
Fellborn

Re: Mistral Lake initial (and rather bare) release!

Post by Fellborn »

With the new rash of players in Mistral Lake, feedback on zones/things you were used to around Shadgard but doesn't seem as available any more would be useful.

Beyond the steam crusher. Not happening.
Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Super unimportant but something I thought of. A food of fine quality like the flapjacks, but you know, fancy and Mistral-like?
"The sea is emotion incarnate. It loves, hates, and weeps. It defies all attempts to capture it with words and rejects all shackles. No matter what you say about it, there is always that which you can't." — Christopher Paolini
jerc

Post by jerc »

Not sure I'd call a way to generate positive morale "unimportant"! Mistral definitely needs some tasty food, or for some of the existing food to get a tastiness bump.

On the topic of morale generation, maybe a place to make a donation for morale like the Shadgard church?
Fellborn

Post by Fellborn »

Mistral Lake has access to top tier travel food, and a morale food already akin to flapjacks.

I'm not keen on the idea of a donation spot like the Shadgard Church myself, but maybe I'll think of something more thematically appropriate that might provide a small boost.
Bean

Post by Bean »

I'd love more non-alcoholic drinks. Maybe based on some of the soap scents? Strawberry, apple, and rose-based juice? Maybe water, provided it's safe to drink.
Ephemeralis

Post by Ephemeralis »

Does Mistral Lake have a functional cooking/chopping task/kitchen area?
jerc

Post by jerc »

Yep! It's next to the morgue.

Don't read too much into that.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

A donations hall where we can contribute things like firewood and other resources to the city itself would be great to have, as I could not find a donation place.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Fellborn

Post by Fellborn »

Dennis wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:19 pm A donations hall where we can contribute things like firewood and other resources to the city itself would be great to have, as I could not find a donation place.
The Dominion accepts donations in very specific circumstances, for specific reasons.

A caravan heading to the northern provinces with supplies and troops took on donations for a variety of things was around late last year for example.

Currently not really planning on having one like Shadgard.
jerc

Post by jerc »

Not a question about Mistral Lake the city, but are lithics available in the wilderness areas that were released at the same time as Mistral?

I foraged around the river/lake in the Kveldsongr woods and Mistral Lake without any success, but was able to find them almost immediately when moving to an "older" wilderness area.