Artistry and reflection in etchings

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Dennis

Artistry and reflection in etchings

Post by Dennis »

Adding the ability for player characters to add personalized details, such as etchings, to their crafted items would be a great way to make crafting more dynamic and interesting. This can be done by allowing people to "study" objects in the environment such as flowers, trees, birds, and animals, and then use that knowledge to modify player-crafted items.

This feature would add a new level of personalization and creativity to crafting, and it would also encourage players to explore the game world and take in the sights and sounds of the environment. It would also give players the ability to leave a mark on the game world, by having unique items that reflect the places they've been and the experiences they've had.

To support this feature, it would be beneficial to have a library of knowledge available to players, and to let people share scenes they've been to with others. This could be in the form of RECALL, or by writing or creating encoded documents they can give to others to STUDY to learn about different etchings and other decorative methods.

Overall, this feature would make crafting more engaging and personal for players, and it would add an extra layer of depth and realism to the game world. It also gives an opportunity to the players to explore the game world and leave their mark on it.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Lexx416

Re: Artistry and reflection in etchings

Post by Lexx416 »

Dennis wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:29 pm This feature would add a new level of personalization and creativity to crafting, and it would also encourage players to explore the game world and take in the sights and sounds of the environment. It would also give players the ability to leave a mark on the game world, by having unique items that reflect the places they've been and the experiences they've had.

To support this feature, it would be beneficial to have a library of knowledge available to players, and to let people share scenes they've been to with others. This could be in the form of RECALL, or by writing or creating encoded documents they can give to others to STUDY to learn about different etchings and other decorative methods.
As someone who plays a character primarily for exploration, I can't express enough how much I'd love something like this. I don't really have much to add, other than I love the idea of having permanent "scenes" that can be studied year round as long as you can find them, along with seasonal ones that only come around at specific times of the year (and this could even be a cool Event Thing for folks that show up to GM Events).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."