Preparing for the next year of COGG

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Arphaxad

Re: Preparing for the next year of COGG

Post by Arphaxad »

Rias,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the past year and the way forward in the upcoming year. We feel your pain that you haven't been able to do ALL of the incredible things on that massive to do list. Besides that, it is truly remarkable how far COGG has come in just one short year. This next year will surely bring a bunch more improvements. The current priorities are solid. I won't plug my favorite/desired thing or things because there are too many and we don't want anyone's head to explode.

Seriously though, I think the strongest and best action is the community engagement. We all know the community is a critical factor. We've got an incredible community and you take the time and effort to engage and stay engaged with us. Unfortunately, this sometimes slows development, at least in my opinion. But it does allow you to flex to meet the needs of the players and give them the tools for great interaction and storytelling. I can't express how much I've appreciated just having the opportunity to ask questions and voice concerns.

Lastly, don't forget RL vs COGG balance. This is our passion too but know we'll always be here. Always good to take a break, recharge then jump back into the mix!

Happy Holidays (I'm sure there are some left) and Happy New Year (almost)

Arphaxad

p.s. Just to be clear. I have a soft spot for sorcery and all things nether (Rook Parlour for the win), Primalist will be incredible, can't wait. As far as traditional martials, looking forward to seeing more for the guardians. One thing at a time though :D
edited because preview lied to me! (Formatting)
silly

Post by silly »

It's been immense fun, this year. I abandoned most of my hesitance regarding my roleplay, put together a mix of old and new, and finally found the character whose roleplay comes effortlessly to me. (almost! Her headspace is more complex than most other character's I've thought up.) Seeing more of the world and discovering her place in it has been interesting, as well. I've much excitement to see old places again, the release of societies, aaand.. all of it!

I would also love to be able to do more with bushcraft. More pottery things would be nice, too, even if it isn't something my character is into. Most of all, though, Herbalism! (Or whatever we're calling it now, my memory is foggy.) It would still make me happy, regardless of whether my character would have access to all of it or not.

A big thanks to all of you for everything over the course of 2022, and for everything going forwards.
Using your hands, you work at washing a wash basin at a wash basin.
A wash basin is now clean.
nobody

Post by nobody »

I'm a bit late to the party and my aspiration is nonsensical, but you did ask. I would love to see more fictional, fantastical domesticated / domesticatable animals. Brachelyr are delightful, but when are we going to have dog sized snails that you milk for weird goo (with gloves because otherwise Bad Things)? Gimme feathered eels that need a briny-seawater-filled hutch and lay eggs that float and get scooped off the top. I have done nearly nothing with animal husbandry aside from bees, and that doesn't seem particularly likely to change, but I would love to get more weird west animals around to really make cows seem appropriately boring.
Navi

Post by Navi »

Happy to see the line up for this next year. I think my wishes are pretty simple. More non-combat activities and expansions to existing ones. In particular gambling and fishing. If treasure hunter and rogues become merged, might I suggest the name Tricksters. Tricksters because of rogues deception, and Treasure Hunter's tricks with locating treasure and working out the tricks with locks and traps. :ujaeio_mask:
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again