Forage for logs

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Skjotur

Forage for logs

Post by Skjotur »

We can forage for straight branches, we can forage for deadwood logs, what about foraging for useful logs? They can be rarer but then I wouldn't have to chop down an entire tree when I just need one split log to craft something I need for survival (fireboard). They can be from trees that have fallen over naturally.
"Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and numbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy." - Hamlin Garland
Gorth

Re: Forage for logs

Post by Gorth »

This would, affectively, trivialize lumber production. I suggest, instead, that split logs be forageable, or to even balance a bit further, we make fireboards based from something else, because indeed, they are not easy to get without serious and ridiculous time investment.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Lexx416

Re: Forage for logs

Post by Lexx416 »

I think it'd probably be fine if deadwood logs could be used to make a fireboard. Maybe something where you need a certain amount of bushcraft or woodworking higher than the recipe initially calls for, to be able to use a deadwood log for it.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."