Harvesting Grass

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Guillaumo

Harvesting Grass

Post by Guillaumo »

I was starting to outline a potential Bushcraft Guide for new players and many of the recipes include weaving of grass into useful objects. An issue I see with this currently is that collecting grass requires a sickle or scythe. This make Step 1 of a Bushcraft Guide read "Step 1: Go to Civilization and purchase a metal tool", and this feel weird to me.

My suggestions are:
1- Can we collect grass by hand, slowly.
2- Can we collect grass with the aid of a knife (as they're bushcraftable) faster than by hand, but slower than using a proper tool?

This would create a proper (in my mind) line of progression of recipes for a player to be able to get on their feet by using only their skill and the environment.
Ephemeralis

Re: Harvesting Grass

Post by Ephemeralis »

You can craft a bushcraft sickle using an antler and a handle. This should probably be more common knowledge.
nobody

Post by nobody »

Truth. Step one is foraging food, step two is finding lithics and crafting a simple set of tools.
Staz

Post by Staz »

For clarity, you need an antler and a set of lithic sawteeth to make a sickle. Ironically you can't make a saw with them though.