Dreadnought/Guardian Ability Suggestion

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Karjus

Dreadnought/Guardian Ability Suggestion

Post by Karjus »

Iron Fist
Class: Dreadnought
A passive chance that a counterattack/followup punch deals crush damage instead of bludgeon. Could scale with Melee skill or even Armor skill. Alternatively, could unlock rerolls based on balance.

Lasting Endurance
Class: Dreadnought/Guardian
A reduction to armor durability damage when worn. Passive, scales with Armor skill.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Agelity

Re: Dreadnought/Guardian Ability Suggestion

Post by Agelity »

I like the idea of these. I feel like the Guardian one could maybe use some other effect to give it a little extra oomph, even armor durability reduction, especially once more impressive metal armors come out, will be a very beneficial utility ability to take. Just a nice QoL sort of ability (heck, could even tie it into their tactic if the amount isn't too outrageous).

Piggy-backing off of this thread though, I did have another suggestion for another ability:

Last Stand
Class: Dreadnought, Guardian, Berserker
After having been on the front lines for so long, your ability to withstand and power through whatever is thrown your way has improved.
(OOC: A passive chance to thwart off mentally debilitating effects and effects related to injuries. [ie, slight-medium fractures, frostbite, etc.])

Bonuses:
Berserker - scales slightly with rage and if rage is high enough grants a passive bonus to power through mortal hits (initiates a cooldown so the next time they might not be so lucky... spite can only power through so many glaive hits to the chest)
Guardian - increased chance to reduce damage done on an effective hit or at least power through and follow up with shield bash, and/or a chance to further reduce mental debilitations

My thoughts for the bonuses were to give berserkers a little extra "oomph" when they're raging and at their most vulnerable, but also makes them very scary to deal with. For guardians, they're in need of a little extra love ability wise and having the extra ability to just say "no" when someone tries to hurt them will make them feel truly like a defensive threat. For dreadnoughts, while they might not get an extra bonus out of it, still gives them a little extra defensive capability and can further demonstrate why they have "dread" in their class name, as the only thing scarier than a fully-plated two-handed wielding warrior is one that's pissed off and annoyed at having to fight on a half-broken leg (armor is a splint of sorts).