General NPC Appreciation Post

Give your fellow roleplayers some kudos.
Frisbee

General NPC Appreciation Post

Post by Frisbee »

Will keep it relatively brief, but wanted to extend a massive thank you and a round of applause to our wonderful GMs who have been recently pumping a great deal of life into this game through quite a number of NPCs. My personal favourite is matchmaker (ahem) councilwoman Torila, but all others i've met or heard about have been equally brilliant.
Cheers.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Rias
DEV

Re: General NPC Appreciation Post

Post by Rias »

Thank you for your kind words! We've been having a ton of fun introducing and establishing some new NPCs as well as building up some old ones, and getting positive feedback really helps keep the steam canisters charged and the morale high. It's been great forming more meaningful relationships between the PC crowd and NPC crowd, particularly on the Shadgard side after the relative dearth it had resulting from all the focus that was for a good while primarily on getting Mistral Lake released and feeling established and relevant for the players who want to call it home. (I won't hold it against them. Too much. Shadgardisstillthebestthoughsorry)

Additionally though, it's good for us to know people are enjoying themselves amidst the current general RP atmosphere. There has been an extra helping of Ye Olde Drama RP lately, and while that can be a lot of fun and help it feel like Things Are Going On, we realize it can also become exhausting after a while for the players behind the characters. We don't plan to draw it out any longer than is necessary from our end, and we'll continue to throw in non-drama-centric interactions and events to maintain the balance between the heavier drama and the lighter fun.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Additionally though, it's good for us to know people are enjoying themselves amidst the current general RP atmosphere. There has been an extra helping of Ye Olde Drama RP lately, and while that can be a lot of fun and help it feel like Things Are Going On, we realize it can also become exhausting after a while for the players behind the characters. We don't plan to draw it out any longer than is necessary from our end, and we'll continue to throw in non-drama-centric interactions and events to maintain the balance between the heavier drama and the lighter fun.
With the part, notably minor, that I've had in ye old current drama I can safely say I do miss being the focus of such things, but also don't. It's a hard balance, but regardless, I'm enjoying that interesting movements are being made that don't *have* to result in or be affected by fighting. Now, if it does come to combat is another thing, but maybe it won't! It probably won't! Yes!

All told, keep it up. All parties. NPCs, and people interacting with the NPCs. It is humorous to see people, and I'm guilty of it too sometimes, see that NPC tag or color and thus determine that they absolutely have to say hello. But I mean, #FOMO, LOL.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
artus

Post by artus »

Highlight: Kelby saying "that one looks important." when torila was out in Shadgard and I saw her for the first time. It sure didn't start with a good hello, more of a gossip even.

Anytime I see any npcs about, I'm overjoyed. It's the element of Cogg I miss sooo much ever since the old game. It feels like this is how the somber lost lands should be, how bittersweet it is to exist where people avoid. All the heartwarming moments just never get old. Love you all.

P.S. is nominating npcs still a thing?
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

I'm not having too much fun lately, I admit. But I've genuinely enjoyed the NPC interactions I've had, so thank you very much for that.