LOG Pt. 1: Druids' Solstice Feast and Ceremony

Events run by players - no GMs necessary!
Lamia

LOG Pt. 1: Druids' Solstice Feast and Ceremony

Post by Lamia »

Note: This is very long even with almost all of the general chat and random emoting or reactions taken out. That said, it was a memorable evening, and many thanks to Ursun and everyone who worked with him to make this event happen, and especially to give us a chance to see a rather amazing piece of the game world that probably most of us would never have even known was there.
****************************************************************************************************************

Cave] (InCvRk) Chilly
A broad moonbeam streams in through a hole in the ceiling near the back wall of this small rocky cavern. Niches have been carved into the stone walls here and there, looking deliberate in their shape and position rather than natural; likely shelves of some kind, though if that was their purpose their contents have since been removed or pilfered. Signs of occasional habitation are present in the form of sootstains on the floor from past campfires and some shards of broken earthenware.
You're barely able to see at all in the near-complete darkness. The area is mostly quiet.
You also notice a squat pine bucket (levitating).
Also here: a short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes (sitting, smells of dandelion), Ursun (GROUP LEADER, shirtless, carrying a warmaul), Baki (group, lightly-armored, smelly), Briallen (group Second), an average-height willowy black-haired youthful woman with dark brown skin and honey eyes (group, disguised), Nora/Aila (group, lightly-armored, riding Kestrel), Skadi (ridden by yourself), an average-height lithe jet-black-haired adult person with bronze skin and amethyst eyes (group, winded, carrying a walking-stick), Zakalwe (group, lightly-armored, riding Elegance), Tarron (group, riding Dahlia), Miralania Kjaban/Mira (group, lightly-armored), ?Zotikos? (group, carrying a cane, disguised), Guillaumo (group, winded, lightly-armored), Kordelia (group), Suzy (group, riding Guinevere, smells of peach), ?Soemi? (group, disguised, riding a lean bay courser with black points), a very short petite dusky-haired adult woman with light brown skin and honey eyes (group, lightly-armored), Hunter (group, lightly-armored), and Anna (group, riding a chestnut horse, smells of peach).
Obvious exits: a narrow crevice.
Zakalwe says, "No wonder it is called the Forgotten Shrine."
Ursun says, "There will be a climb. Hopefully Mack has set a Rope."
?Soemi? climbs up a steep rocky wall.
"About time," a short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes huffs out a noise, pushing herself to her feet and meandering over to the wall. "I ain't call it the Forgotten Shrine, personally. I calls it the Starry Pool Shrine," She says, dusting her hands off. "Ye'll see why."
A short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes climbs up a steep rocky wall.
Some pale green thornleaf rope lowers down a steep rocky wall from somewhere up above.
Ursun says, "There were tribes who dwelled in these plains in the past, I am told. I assume they made this place, in the ancient past."
Ursun says, "Let us climb, then."
You hear a voice from above shout, "Everyone up the rope! I'm bringin' it up behind us!"
(Much climbing ensues)
A short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes loosens some pale green thornleaf rope from its anchor and pulls it up into a coil.
A short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes slings some pale green thornleaf rope over her shoulder.
A short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes picks up an iron climbing piton.
Ursun nods.
[Rocky Hills, Trail] (OutHlRkFlDt) Dusk, Cold, Partly Cloudy, Slight Breeze
To call the narrow potentially-traversible passage through the tall rocky hills a "trail" would perhaps be too generous, but with some care a determined explorer should be able to make their way along the rough and rocky terrain to ascend northeastward higher into the red-brown hills. Splitting the ground at the lowest point of the trail is large crack, the steep wall of the hole disappearing down into darkness. A few hardy bushes and junipers have managed to find purchase in patches of soil that have gathered in places, the stubborn plants somehow managing to survive in the rough and often dry terrain outside the snowy season.
The area is poorly-lit. The area is mostly quiet.

A short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes heads north.
Ursun says, "Now, let us follow this trail."
Ursun heads north.
You follow Ursun.
Ursun lumbers along, in no rush in particular.
Ursun heads northeast.
You follow Ursun.

[Rocky Hills, Ancient Shrine] (OutHlRkFlDt) Dusk, Chilly, Partly Cloudy, Slight Breeze
While certainly not the highest point in the surrounding hills, a good view of the surroundings to the southwest can still be seen from this elevation, and the sky seems a little closer. Surrounded by rocky tall hillfaces is a shallow pool of water gathered within an uneven depression in the ground. Ancient-looking petroglyphs have been carved into the rocky surfaces near the pool to give the place a vague feeling of significance that may now be completely lost to time. Twiggy bushes and twisted junipers grasp out from the rocky terrain to break up the otherwise monotous earthy red-browns of the surrounding hills.
The area is mostly quiet.
The area is warmed by a lit campfire.

"Them symbols is good," a short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes points out to the group, "But the pool is the real interestin' bit."
Ursun says, "Behold, this ancient place. Let us gather around the fire, and feast, and tale stories like they must have done in days of old."
Ursun lumbers over to the campfire, dumping the contents of his pack.
Ursun plops down before the fire, content as others explore their surroundings.
"Be mindful not to leave ought behind," a short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes requests to everyone gathered. "And treat this place well. I figure it must have been a sacred place to someone, a long time ago. The Hopta, maybe," She muses, clucking her tongue. "Treat it with respect, so I don't regret showin' folks it were here at all." ANd with that, she settles down onto the ground near to the fire.
You take a closer look at some ancient-looking petroglyphs in the area ...
Many of the petroglyphs are quite abstract, their meaning impossible to discern. Some might represent pottery, or perhaps some kind of structures. Others are akin to repeating layered circles or spirals. One prominent scene stands out: A large mottled circle, surrounded by small flecks seemingly placed at random. Below these are a circle of what appear to be humanoid figures and dog-like creatures. Many of the former have their hands raised, most of the latter sat on their haunches and mouths raised as if in the act of howling.

?Zotikos? points at a shallow pool with his cane. "The stars and other celestial phenomena appearing in the surface of this pool do not appear to be our own."

You take a closer look at a shallow pool in the area ...
It's unclear what the pool's source is - possibly a spring, or it could be fed by occasional snowmelt. A perhaps more pressing question is why, when gazing into the pool directly, the reflection of the sky appears to be dark and full of glimmering stars even during daylight hours or cloudy weather, and undulating ribbons of light can be seen twisting through the reflection's dark heavens that don't seem to be there when looking up at the non-reflected sky.
Speaking to ?Zotikos?, Ursun says, "It shows the stars, always. Blessed by the spirits. Suitable for our purpose, after we feast."

[Rocky Hills, Ancient Shrine] (OutHlRkFlDt) Dusk, Chilly, Partly Cloudy, Slight Breeze
While certainly not the highest point in the surrounding hills, a good view of the surroundings to the southwest can still be seen from this elevation, and the sky seems a little closer. Surrounded by rocky tall hillfaces is a shallow pool of water gathered within an uneven depression in the ground. Ancient-looking petroglyphs have been carved into the rocky surfaces near the pool to give the place a vague feeling of significance that may now be completely lost to time. Twiggy bushes and twisted junipers grasp out from the rocky terrain to break up the otherwise monotous earthy red-browns of the surrounding hills.
The area is mostly quiet.
The area is warmed by a lit campfire.
You also notice a lit campfire, a squat pine bucket (levitating), a beeswax candle (x30), some seared fox meat, some seared elk meat (x18), and some seared deer meat (x18).

"I think it's the same folks what were involved with that barrow," a short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes says next, looking up at the sky overhead, watching the constellations. "I figure this were a sacred place fer them. Probably afore Aetgard's time," She tacks on, frowning over at the sound of Baki trying to clamber into the pool. "Oi! Cut that out!"
Hunter emits a noise that sounds faintly like an error sound as he looks over to Baki. "Baki, no getting into the pool."
Pigeon calls softly, "Baki. Baki! Come to the fire, have something to eat."
Ursun says, "In truth, I know not the purpose this place had for it's creators. Or, the spirits who may have blessed it. But in my heart, in speaks of the Great Spirits, who dwell in the starry night sky."
Pigeon steps across to Baki, taking his elbow and leading him back to the fire.
Baki gets back to the fire with obvious reluctance, his feet slightly wet from the pool water.
Speaking to Baki, you say, "Come along, do not disturb the stars. Sit, eat something."
Baki gazes up at the night sky.

Ursun says, "The meat is for everyone. Nothing fancy, but cooked over a fire. Come. If anyone has a story they wish to share, I am eager to hear."

Zakalwe says, "I am reminded of a story. A long time ago - empites and ages rose and fell and rose again after this story was first told - a man decided to steal fire from the stars and bring it down to his people."
Ursun nods to Zakalwe.
Zakalwe sits back from the fire, his pale features shadowed in the flickering light. "Long ago, the only heat came from the moon, and it was a weak heat. And the stars refused to share. And so the bravest and cleverest man of his people grew tired of watching his woman and his children shiver." He reaches up, closing a fist in the air as though grasping at a star. "He wanted to help."
Zakalwe glances briefly at Miralania Kjaban/Mira and inclines his head. "It is. And so our hero wove together rope after length of rope." A few beats go by. "And he threw the rope as high as he could, twirling it ever upward until it lassoed around the moon, and he began to climb."
Zakalwe softly says, "And he did. He reached the moon, and swung out, far out between the stars, and lit humanity's first torch. A bundle of reeds woven together." There are a few beats of stillness. "But the truth is that no one, not even stars, like to share power. And humanity was never meant to have fire."."
Ursun says, "And yet, here we are. And fire has made our lives better, I say."
Zakalwe says, "But even those great powers far above us admired his boldness, and so they struck him a deal. He would drop the torch down to his family, the first falling star, but he himself would remain. Whenever the stars grew tired, he would burn for them, and light the sky. And thus, we have the sun. But he could never return home - when the stars awaken, he is banished behind them, burning alone in darkness."
Zakalwe nods to Ursun.
Zakalwe says, "It is a story of knowledge, and the sacrifices that must come with it, I have always thought."
Miralania Kjaban/Mira blinks her big golden eyes rather slowly. "He had to leave his woman, and children. How terrible," she murmurs.
Ursun grunts at that, his gaze going to the sky.
Zakalwe says, "I believe I shall sit quietly for a time. It's someone else's story now."

Ursun says, "Soon, we will begin our Prayer Circle. We will honor the Great Animal Spirits, thanking them. Remembering them for all they have taught humanity."

Ursun says, "In the backpack there are many totems. Choose for yourself one that speaks to your heart."

Briallen removes a small chestnut wolf totem from in a heavy tawny lynx fur backpack (open).
Ursun removes a small aspen bear totem from in a heavy tawny lynx fur backpack (open).
Nahala smiles softly as the totems start to appear from within the a heavy tawny lynx fur backpack (open).

Guillaumo removes a small aspen rooster totem from in a heavy tawny lynx fur backpack (open).

Ursun says, "The Great Animal Spirits are numerous. All have lessons to teach humanity. They meet tonight, in the sky. The Spiritmoot."

Ursun asks, "Has everyone chosen their totem, then? The Great Animal Spirit they would honor this night?"

Ursun says, "Pick a totem, and then a Candle for yourself. You will need noth."

Ursun glances around as everyone organizes themselves, before speaking. "I will lead and begin our prayers this night. Each of us will lay our totem before the starry pool, and pray, honoring the Great Spirit we have chosen via our totem. If you have words, speak them. If not, your actions and thoughts can be your own. Simply place the totem before the pool, with the lit candle next to it." he explains.
Ursun picks up a beeswax candle.
Ursun says, "I will begin the Prayer. Mack will conclude them. After each person rests down their totem and candle, the next may begin. Simply raise your hand, and I will nod at you to begin."

Madelyn swaps a small aspen stag totem to her left hand and a beeswax candle to her right hand.
"Right, so, I must admit, I am abit lost." Madelyn says, her voice no less confident as she talks to the crowd, her hand stroking her a small aspen rooster totem.

Speaking to Madelyn, Ursun says, "Simply think on what you would say to thank the Great Spirit you have chosen to honor, representative of the totem you have chosen."

Miralania Kjaban/Mira leans towards Madelyn and murmurs, "Great animal primal spirits. Pray to them, and then put it and your lit candle next to the pool. Or just put them down once Ursun's prayed. The big shirtless man, that's Ursun I mean."

Ursun asks, "Is anyone still confused?"

Zakalwe pleasantly asks, "Perhaps if a few of us go first, to give an example?"

Ursun nods to Zakalwe.
You say, "Well, they probably use goblets, but better table manners are still no reason to join a bloodcult."
Lamia

LOG Pt. 2: Druids' Solstice Feast and Ceremony

Post by Lamia »

Ursun removes a ferocious brown bear mask with bared fangs from his heavy light-brown bear fur backpack (open).
Ursun puts a ferocious brown bear mask with bared fangs on his head.

With an understanding nod towards Miralania Kjaban/Mira, Madelyn bows her head and says a prayer to the stag she's holding, thanking it for it's power and honoring it's strength. After soem time, she opens her eyes and very neatly places the totem on the ground next to the others, following the lead of the group.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "Remember, I am Ursun. Do not be alarmed."

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes snorts in amusement.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes lumbers towards the starry pool. "Consider your totems, and the Great Spirit you would honor this night. In the Ancient Past, when humanity shivered in fear and was torn apart by the Wilds and the animals within, it was the Great Animal Spirits that taught us the lessons we needed to survive, and thrive." he explains.

A short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes nods slowly to a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes, murmuring a noise of approval and stamping one of her feet against the floor.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes gestures towards the night sky. "Up there, above us all, they meet, roaring and howling. Communicating in their own way. Beyond anything we can understand. Tonight, we will Honor them." he nods firmly.

Hunter thinks on his words long and intently, looking at the coyote totem in his hand with focus enough to suggest he is attempting to divine the answer to some question from it. Eventually his soft features go tranquil, an answer found perhaps.

Nora/Aila says, "Sorry -- I must rest."

Speaking to Nora/Aila, a short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes quietly says, "Be well, and walk well."

Her fingers continuing to ghost over the carvings, Anna considers the falcon for a moment. coming to a decision, she walks towards the pool, kneels, and sets both the totem and the candle gently by the edge.

Nora/Aila quietly places her totem and candle by the pool, gazing into it for a few moments before stepping back and turning to leave.
Zakalwe raises his hand.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes raises his arms high, his totem and candle held in each hand. "Great Bear Spirit! Tonight, We honor you. May we remember your lessons of strength and endurance! May we never forget as we face the Challenges these Lost Lands present us. May we remember you as we find victory over each of them!" he declares, before setting down the Totem and candle before the pool.

Nora/Aila heads down.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes drops a small aspen bear totem.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes drops a lit beeswax candle.

Miralania Kjaban/Mira tentatively lifts heft ant into the air, an inch or two above her head, looking to a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes for confirmation.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods to Miralania Kjaban/Mira.

Miralania Kjaban/Mira prays:

Spirits,
Though I understand you little, information is always what I seek. Though I currently have little, more is what I seek.
Though people have little of me, more is what I seek. I will work, and I will continue.

With this prayer murmured low over the pool, Miralania Kjaban/Mira bends down, careful to keep her skirts out of the water, and lays the small aspen ant totem down alongside her lit candle. Straightening, she nods, murmurs, "So I say," and steps back.

"now that is beautiful." Madelyn mutters, her face brighter than ever as she looks at the crowd.

Pigeon takes a step forward, then pauses.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods to you.

Hunter follows the masked one's example and approaches the pool. "Great Coyote Spirit. I am called to the Hunt and ask that you continue to put me through trials which will hone my wit into a sharpened edge, and enhance my vision that I may see the Just path clearly--always--and with purpose. I honor You tonight, as I do everyday of my life." He bows his head and places his candle and totem down.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods to Hunter.

Speaking to you, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "You may begin."

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods to you.

Pigeon inclines her head, and continues forward, stopping by the poolside.

Pigeon shows her totem, holding it out on the palm of her hand. "I honour the Mouse Spirit, quiet and small though it be."
Pigeon takes a breath, continuing.
You say, "I will speak for the Mouse Spirit, bravest of all. I speak for the small creatures, the weak, whose battles are not against great foes but in the every day, the need to live, to perservere, to go on and to survive in the face of everything that would prey upon them. That is a cold, determined bravery, not the hot valour of battle but the courage to go on in the face of danger from all about. The courage to hide, to run, to live."

Pigeon draws her finger down the back of her totem, smiling, then lays it down.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods firmly.

Speaking to an average-height lithe jet-black-haired adult person with bronze skin and amethyst eyes, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "You may begin."

?Zotikos? leans toward the fire to light his candle. Following in the example by others, he then brings both the candle and his small aspen raven totem to the pool, setting them before it and stepping back.

Zakalwe steps forward and raises his hand.

Speaking to Zakalwe, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "While Taliba considers her words, you may begin, if you are ready."

Zakalwe nods gratefully to a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes, inhales briefly through his nostrils, and steps forward.

Zakalwe kneels by the pool, holding his jaguar totem in his hand, studying it for a few beats before speaking. "Jaguars are beautiful. Muscled, lithe, graceful. Great golden eyes that never seem to blink." He closes his eyes briefly. "I honor the Jaguar Spirit for its hunter's heart, its speed, its fearlessness, its ferocity." He hesitates a moment longer. "And though perhaps the Jaguar seems lonely, I remember always that they must have grown from cubs, been cared for, groomed. I pray to the Jaguar for the things I am not, and have not had, and wish for." He drops the items and steps back, features carefully impassive, until he's on the outer fringe of the group.

An average-height lithe jet-black-haired adult person with bronze skin and amethyst eyes drops a lit beeswax candle.

An average-height lithe jet-black-haired adult person with bronze skin and amethyst eyes drops a small aspen dragonfly totem.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods in approval.

Speaking to an average-height lithe jet-black-haired adult person with bronze skin and amethyst eyes, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "You may begin."

An average-height lithe jet-black-haired adult person with bronze skin and amethyst eyes sets an aspen dragonfly totem and candle near the pool, "May the colourful flitter of this spirit cause many ripples upon a pool, shortlived as they may be. To carry on over time." They settle back with a pleased grin.

Speaking to a very short petite dusky-haired adult woman with light brown skin and honey eyes, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "You may begin."

A very short petite dusky-haired adult woman with light brown skin and honey eyes walks up to the pool setting down her items and begins to pray.
A very short petite dusky-haired adult woman with light brown skin and honey eyes prays:

oh great crow spirit, i honer thee here today in prayer
as you fly across the sky taking on the world before you
i think you for your closeness to those you care for
loyal to those who are good to you
you teach valuable lessons and show great intellangence
i pray great crow spirit for you to watch over those who show kindness and compassion to all.

A very short petite dusky-haired adult woman with light brown skin and honey eyes finishes and slowly wanders back to her spot.
You say, "Well, they probably use goblets, but better table manners are still no reason to join a bloodcult."
Lamia

LOG Pt. 3: Druids' Solstice Feast and Ceremony

Post by Lamia »

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods to Tarron.

Speaking to Tarron, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "You may begin."

Speaking to Guillaumo, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "You will be next. Apologies."

Tarron hesitantly walks up to the pool and puts his totem and candle down, taking the time to adjsut the totem so it's head is facing the pool. He awkwarly says, "So, uh, thanks for willing to help us out. Helping us get from place to place, being willing to pull heavy loads of metal or crops or skins or grass. And for some of you even being willing to risk your lives long side us to fight. You do a lot that make our lives easier and are good team mates. So, uh, thanks." He finishes, shrugging self-contiously before returning to the fire.
Tarron drops a lit beeswax candle.
Tarron drops a small aspen horse totem.

Speaking to Guillaumo, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "You may begin."

Guillaumo steps toward the pool and awkwardly says, "Great Owl spirit, I thank you this evening for the blessings of wisdom which you bestow upon those of us who endeavor it scholarly pursuits. And Bucket would like to give praise to the great rooster spirit for its representation of bravery which we all must possess in these dangerous lands." He then places the totems and the candle near the pool and steps back.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods in approval, gazing out at the gathering. "Who would speak next, to honor the Great Spirits?" he asks.

Briallen raises her hand.
A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods to Briallen.

?Soemi? nods to a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes.

Briallen holds her candle aloft and begins to speak.
Briallen says, "Honored lion in the heavens this night. To you I raise, a request for guidance. It is my wish that you will lend your wisdom to know what must be done and the courage to see it through. May we falter and fail. Lend us your strength to survive and to thrive. With wisdom and courage and strength, to those whom have been given to us and whom we have chosen, may we protect and serve them well."
Briallen takes a few steps to a shallow pool and bends to set down her lit candle and her carved lion totem. She is careful to set them down both at once in a smooth practiced motion, as if perhaps she has done this before.

Suzy raises her hand.

Speaking to ?Soemi?, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "Your turn."

Baki somehow ends up making an ultimate decision of dropping his totem and candle into the pile, though he does it by dropping the candle super close to them one of the totems almost catches fire in the process, and without a queue whatsoever.
Baki drops a lit beeswax candle.
Baki drops a small chestnut horse totem.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods to ?Soemi?.

Kneeling down to gently place her candle on the ground, dove totem being placed just after, ?Soemi? gestures toward the sky, then to the fire, and then toward those gathered before bowing her head toward the flames and speaking her own prayer.
?Soemi? prays:
The Spirits exist and live according to their own intentions, born of reasons we may or may not understand, but nonetheless we feel their presence. They're representative of our past, define our present, and give indication on how we may approach our future, but only if we're willing to learn of them, seek to understand them, and in the process come to better understand ourselves.
As the winter comes and the cold begins to seep into our bones, we find these moments to seek warmth that thaws us, in body and mind, and allows us to appreciate the work those who came before us conducted, no doubt finding their own moments to sit beneath the night skies, as we do under Serafina's Torch tonight, the flame glowing as brightly as the fire before us.
To the Dove Spirit, I seek to honor you this eve and every eve, as we all seek a life in which we can live to our fullest, however simple it may be, one in which we can coinhabit these lands and seek prosperity in a place where much animosity and hardship can regettably be found, but still one in which we willingly choose one of harmony. And so I again pray for the well being and peace of all who seek to honor the Spirit of the Dove, and to all who seek to honor the Spirits in their own way.
Concluding what she has to say ?Soemi? opens her eyes and gives a simple nod.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes asks (muffled by a mask), "Who would like to speak next?"

Suzy raises her hand.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods to Suzy.

Suzy's fingers trace over the horns upon the head of the carven goat in her hand. With a turn of her wrist, the flame of the candle shines upon the animal's face, Suzy's own lips parting in a fond smile. At first, her voice is low and uncertain. "Horned mother. You who have saved my father's people in ages long passed. If it was not for your sacrifice, I would not walk this earth today, nor my father, nor all those who came before him." As she talks, her voice grows in conviction, back straightening as her eyes focus on the pool's waters. "Though many do not know your tale, I remember, and I am forever thankful. As wolves ravaged the land, your hooves kept the first children safe. As the children went hungry, you fed them of your own milk." She breathes in again and continues, holding her totem aloft. "But, this is more than a simple retreading of ancient paths. I honor what you symbolise to some. A universal caregiver. Though we were not of your hurd, you protected and fed us, and your decendants still do, even to this day. Selflessness, sacrifice, strength, endurance. The strength to keep fighting, and keep giving. Those are things that must be admired. So I honor the mountain goat. The horned mother." With that, she sets the candle down, and the totem next to it.
Lamia

LOG Pt. 4: Druids' Solstice Feast and Ceremony

Post by Lamia »

Speaking to an average-height willowy black-haired youthful woman with dark brown skin and honey eyes, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "You may begin."

Suzy gives the totem one last fond look as she withdraws, dragging herself back.

An average-height willowy black-haired youthful woman with dark brown skin and honey eyes gets quietly to her feet, walks to the pool's edge, and spends several moments gazing into its depths. Then, bowing her head over the jaguar totem in her hands, she begins to pray, almost chanting at first, then breaking into a more relaxed speaking pattern. "Mighty and powerful, brave and strong, thank you for the courage to stand, the strength to persevere, the patience to live and let live, the ferocious beauty that is all your own."
With this, an average-height willowy black-haired youthful woman with dark brown skin and honey eyes places the totem down by the others, and the candle alongside.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods in approval. "Any others who have words to honor their Great Spirit?" he asks.

Neyah says, "I think I might have something."
Neyah stands up.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods to Neyah.

Neyah slowly approaches the a shallow pool, both items in hand before placing the pair next to the animals already gathered, taking a kneeling position next to her offering.
Neyah drops a small aspen drakolin totem.
Neyah drops a lit beeswax candle.
Neyah kneels down.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes watches as the ceremony continues, holding his respectful vigil.

Neyah gazing at the candle for a few more moments, she starts to speak, "I'm pretty sure we've heard stories in our youth about these creatures. Large territorial beasts that can rip a man in half with their claws and maw, and explode an entire cave into flames with a single breath. We're not even sure they exist anymore, but mostly due to their mythical reputation of holding up in distant locations too harsh for many to survive." taking a quick breath, she continues, "Though we all haven't seen one in our lives, we still keep them in memory just for the myth we've created of them. Stories where these things terrorize villages, siege great cities and for some reason kidnap royalty alive. Though, that manifests due to their habbit of guarding resources and minerals untouched by man. the last guardians of a harsh mountainside that take offense to anyone approaching it. We see this beast as a challenge to overcome, the villan to getting what it guards. In the fantasies we've made of them, they are the entity to cut down and surpass. We want to be that creature who's might is so great, we hold dominion over our own lives and the lives of others." Stop in thought for another moment she considers her next words carefully, "People might think that a bad thing. A monster of a person having that much power to enforce their will on others? but that doesn't stop anyone from trying to reach that amount of strength, topple them and become the one to set things right. Whatever we might view a dracolin as, deep down we wish to be that powerful and free."
Neyah blinks.
Neyah says, "Umm, maybe I rambled on a bit there."

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes blinks slowly, grunting as he nods in approval.

Neyah says, "All we have of a Dracolin are just stories and the few acccounts of disasterous expeditions."
Neyah takes a spot away from the pool, leaning back on where she seats, "We can always try to find one and see how true any of that is! Not going to be the one to see if they can torch me alive with flames."

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "If there is no one else who wishes to speak. If you still have your totem, you may lay it down, and your candle. You honor the Great Spirit with your presence."

Speaking to a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes, a short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes says, "I've my words ready, if there's none other."

Speaking to a short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes, a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "Would you conclude our gathering this night."
A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes nods firmly.

A short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes prays:

Great Serpent, Cunning and Wise, Ravenous Delver of Secrets,
I pray that your belly is full, and your patience is great,
I offer my thanks to you, for that which is hidden that I have already found, and I ask for very little,
But for your continued blessing and guidance in finding the secret places of the world,
Just as I found this sacred place, many moons before.
So that none may forget them, and that I may keep the primal places of the world as best I may.
May I be clever.
May I be quick.
And may I never be caught.

While speaking her prayer, a short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes keeps her eyes on the starry sky overhead. When she's done, she quietly steps forward and carefully places her serpent totem down nearby to the shallow pool, her candle going right next to it. She stares into the pool for a moment, before stepping back and casting her eyes up at the sky for a long, pensive moment.

?Zotikos? observes each individual's offering in studious silence. After a short wiry amber-haired adult woman with ruddy skin and blue-green eyes speaks, he turns to a very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes as if expecting something further.

A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes prays:
Great Animal Spirits, we have honored you with our thoughts. Our Words, Our actions. Remember humanity, as humanity remembers you all, and the lessons you have taught to each of us.
A very tall burly brown-haired adult man with pale skin and honey eyes says (muffled by a mask), "So concludes our gathering this Winter Solstice. I thank you for coming. For remembering those Great Spirits. Those who wish to return to civilization, Mack can aid in the climb down. As for myself, I will linger awhile, and consider the year to come."