Proposal: Library of Qamar Expansion Project

Seekers of knowledge, from physickers to alchemists to occultists.
Guillaumo

Proposal: Library of Qamar Expansion Project

Post by Guillaumo »

I made a mistake. I rolled a Warrior and got to see their guild hall... :(

So, Here I am with some thoughts of a Capital Project to build up the Library some. Add some amenities as well as Roleplaying facilities.

Ground floor changes would be only a few:
1- Add room 33: Library, Conference Room. This would be a room with a closing door, a table, and a small number of chairs, perhaps 4. This room intention would be to allow a small number of non-Guild members to have a private meeting place to discuss matters which may or may not pertain to the Library or the Guild.

2- Given the nature of the design of the Atrium, allow conversation from this room to ECHO to the upper levels. This would allow the Atrium to serve as a space for public dissertation without forcing everyone into a single room. Scholars would be able to congregate on the upper levels and listen to the speaking away from the uneducated masses. If mechanically possible, it would be interesting if SHOUTING from the balcony would then echo down to the Atrium.

Upper Level additions:

Completion of the Atrium Balcony to encircle the Atrium and connect to additional facilities:
27- [Guild of Scholars, Dormitory Lobby]
The dormitory lobby would be a Front Desk of an Inn, allowing scholars to maintain a room at the library for storage of their personal belongings, and to be able to rest at the Library without needing to trek all the way back to a settlement.

28- [Guild of Scholars, Dormitory Room]
This is just for world building to place the actual rooms on the map in some logical fashion to make sure they're not jutting out of the building at some awkward angle.

29- [Guild of Scholars, Lounge]
This would be a private sitting area similar to the sitting area below, but restricted to Guild members only.

30- [Guild of Scholars, Smoking Balcony]
Extending over the the front entrance of the Library, this balcony would serve as a partially sheltered, heated, outdoor room where members of the Guild can smoke their pipes and lord over those who are coming to make deliveries to the annex building.

31- [Guild of Scholars, Dining Hall]
A room containing tables and food for sale which is more appealing than the hardtack the annex building sells.

32- [Guild of Scholars, Kitchens]
Thematically placed to explain where the food is coming from. Perhaps a location with Cooking Tasks and a public stove? It's a library, we likely have some cookbooks on the shelves, amirite?

Anyway, those are just my initial thoughts. Some references are below.

References:
Key:
01- [Balkr Highlands]
02- [Library of Qamar, Annex Building] (
03- [Library of Qamar, Stables]
04- [Library, Entry]
05- [Library, Atrium]
06- [Library, Sitting Area]
07- [Library]
08- [Library, Shop & Supplies]
09- [Library, History Stacks]
10- [Library, Religion & Philosophy Stacks]
11- [Library, Occult Arcana Stacks]
12- [Library, Arcane Studies Class]
13- [Library, Current Events]
14- [Library, Natural Sciences Stacks]
15- [Library, Ecology & Biology Stacks]
16- [Library]
17- [Guild of Scholars, Foyer]
18- [Guild of Scholars, Common Area]
19- [Guild of Scholars, Nexus]
20- [Celestial Atrium Balcony]
21- [Guild of Scholars, Hall of Sciences]
22- [Guild of Scholars, Physicker Studies]
23- [Advanced Arcanum Studies]
24- [Guild of Scholars, Hall of Arcana]
25- [Guild of Scholars, Primalist Teachings]
26- [Guild of Scholars, Warlock Studies]

Additions:
27- [Guild of Scholars, Dormitory Lobby]
28- [Guild of Scholars, Dormitory Room]
29- [Guild of Scholars, Lounge]
30- [Guild of Scholars, Smoking Balcony]
31- [Guild of Scholars, Dining Hall]
32- [Guild of Scholars, Kitchens]
33- [Library, Conference Room]
Dennis

Re: Proposal: Library of Qamar Expansion Project

Post by Dennis »

This is really cool. The Library is still very full of blank rooms and I would love details to be added to it! It would also be nice if we had more student living space.

I understand the drive to put people in the main spaces of Mistral and Shadgard and don't seek to offset it, but towns have become more and more driven to keep arcana and occult out of the eyes of the common folk.
"Always remember that we are a community before anything else. Before being a 'game' or a 'world' we are a bunch of folk who get together to have fun."
Navi

Re: Proposal: Library of Qamar Expansion Project

Post by Navi »

Bumping this because there are obviously people staying here for extended lengths of time. Both NPCs and players alike. With the nearest town more than two dozen leagues away, it'd make sense if some basic amenities were available like a dining hall and some sleeping quarters.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again