Armor Sharpening Tweak

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
artus

Re: Armor Sharpening Tweak

Post by artus »

I actually thought of something like this too while talking to someone about Mistral and millstone to grind tannin the other day ic. Like the idea of having limited use whetstones in addition to blacksmith sharpening, though what branch of crafters work on this may be up for debate. Stoneworkers, perhaps, because of their access to stones. Or may be metallurgists given they smith stuff anyway and know what they're doing with weapons. Make a set of sharpening stone and oil with the game requiring both to sharpen, with oil craftable by non-stoneworkers/smiths to spread the cooperation between crafters. May be make it so the sharpening stones go slower than smith sharpening? May be make it so it doesn't go all the way to 100% like how it is with pnumatic pistol pumps? I don't know how sharpness works code wise but if it's a percentage then this may be possible.
Reslior

Post by Reslior »

I think making it extremely time intensive would be a good balance. 1% increase at a time, for 5 minutes a percent. You could realistically hone and RP between outings and *maybe* restore lost damage from the previous outing. After particularly intense battles you would need a Smith for a full restoration.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I'd have Whetstone crafting be a Masonry venture, personally, with the materials for making whetstones tied to mining (and maybe requiring people invest a minimum of 300 or 400 mining to be able to find when surveying and mining areas).
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Bean

Post by Bean »

Resident mason popping in.

I would absolutely love the ability to make weapon sharpening stones for people. Please yes!

I think having them degrade very quickly would both keep crafters relevant, as well as give masons some regular work. I think, if these stones were a thing, and also thrice as time consuming, fighters would buy a couple to keep in reserve in case a crafter isn't around, and go to one when they are.
Karjus

Re: Weapon Sharpening Tweak

Post by Karjus »

New rare resource, a whetstone material that lasts longer, does it quicker or better?
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."