Farm Plots

For technical bugs that merit special attention or discussion. (Please use the BUG command in-game first to report the bug.)
Frisbee

Farm Plots

Post by Frisbee »

So we're in the process of re-organising a very densely populated farm, and I think we've come across a very strange feature, or bug, sort of, regarding farm plots. Obviously a PC is not allowed to build on an already full piece of land, because there is no room to build anything, but when portable structures are introduced and dropped there, they fit just fine, resulting in a negative number of unused farm plots in the output of the farm command. This is very convenient when, say, a handcart temporarily rolls in, but it can be exploited, as well.

I am unsure how something like that could be tackled without creating problems of a different nature, so I would really appreciate input from others, but the best I could come up with would be to at least prevent dropping portable structures when all of the available plots are occupied. Sometimes we don't have the presence of mind to check if there is room or not, and we end up accidentally overfilling the land, so at least a reminder or something would be nice.

Thank you for reading, and feel free to contribute your thoughts below
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.