Shoes please

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Maina

Shoes please

Post by Maina »

For those of us who prefer to avoid armor, it would be nice if shoes were player-craftable. There are some other non-armor footwear options, but they are both very... bushcrafty and also can't use warmer materials for winter.

Maybe some other footwear, too?

Sandals (leather/knitting), slippers (leather/fur/cloth)

Not sure if heels fit Rias's vision for the game, but throw those in if they do. They don't go with the medieval side of the game, but they certainly fit the western/steampunk side.

But even just regular shoes would be super super nice.
Delphine

Re: Shoes please

Post by Delphine »

Maina wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:13 pm Not sure if heels fit Rias's vision for the game, but throw those in if they do. They don't go with the medieval side of the game, but they certainly fit the western/steampunk side.
There were some heeled slippers available at the Khaldean festival!

I would love this, though. There could be some synergy between a few different crafts here. Like maybe in tailoring, you could make wool and rimeveil shoes, but you would need leather soles and leather laces (or a metal buckle? If they were buckled shoes?) In leatherworking, you could do leather or fur shoes, but you might need a wool or rimeveil lining from tailoring.
You think to yourself, "I am surrounded by idiots and petulant children."

You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
Firesong

Post by Firesong »

I absolutely +1 this, heart this. Whatever. This would also give us something else to use up our mountains of dyes on. It would be fun to also see some wooden components for shoes as well, because they used to be a thing. It would be great for those heels, for example. Also, I know a few characters who would go gaga over the option to wear moccasins.
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I agree - shameless promotion for my Cobbling Post, but I think it should be a conjuncture (depending on what kind of shoe you want) between the Tailoring, Leatherworking, and Woodworking (and maybe weaving? maybe not) crafts.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Rilulth

Post by Rilulth »

Fur shoes.

I am picturing people walking around in the awesome over fluffy bear paw slippers I had as a young adult.

I like the idea. I'll put some recipes together for Mr Rias, but might be a while before they're implemented with what we're currently working on :)
tulpa —
If we ever get player housing, Mistralite houseshares are going to be full of this stuff. "Damnit who let the thousand-year old angry venomous moths out of their velvet pouch again?"