Few Ability Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Karjus

Few Ability Suggestions

Post by Karjus »

Trip
Availability: Everyone
  • IC description: An attempt to trip up an opponent, to either stagger them or send them sprawling.
  • OOC description: (An attempt to knock down a target. Less effective than a sweep, but takes less skill to do. Will only knock an opponent down on an endroll success of 50% or over.)
  • Roundtime: 4
  • Energy usage: -10
  • Minimum Balance: 0
  • Balance usage: -5
  • Target Balance loss: -15
  • Target Balance loss even on failure: -5
  • Cooldown timer: 15
  • Skills applied to offense:
    • Melee Combat: 100% or Ranged Combat: 85% (best of)
    • Acrobatics: 20%
    • Artifice: 20%
  • Skills applied to defense:
  • Melee Combat: 100%, Dodge: 100%, Acrobatics: 100% or Ranged Combat: 85% (best of)
  • Attribute bonuses to offense:
    • Agility: +10%
    • Intuition: +25%
  • Attribute bonuses to defense:
    • Agility: +25%
    • Institution: +25%
Tricky Tripster
  • IC description: You've spent time learning to take advantage of tripping up other people, whether to get away from them or to utilize in a fight.
  • OOC description: (Reduces the endroll success threshold necessary for a knockdown with trip to 25% or over.)
  • Bonus Effects
    • "Street Jester"
      • Class: Bard
      • Description: You use your time spent practicing acrobatics in performances to your advantage. Increase Acrobatics offense bonus to 40%, and increase Target Balance loss even on failure to -10.
    • "Wood Sprite"
      • Class: Ranger and Primalist
      • Description: Your time out in the wilderness has taught you have to keep an eye out for terrain you can use to your advantage. When in any non-urban zone, add Bushcraft offense bonus of 40%.
    • "Between the Feet"
      • Class: Marauder
      • Description: You're well practiced at using longer staffed weapons to trip people up. When using any polearm or staff weapons to trip, gain an Offense reroll.
    • "Tomb Tripper"
      • Class: Treasure Hunter
      • Description: You're very good at taking advantage of hard objects. When in an urban area, any successful trip also causes damage if it manages to cause a knockdown.
    • "Opportunistic Retreat"
      • Class: Rogue and Nightblade
      • Description: You use a successful trip to create some distance. Reducing your risk, and breaking attack engagement.
    • "Quick Filch"
      • Class: Rogue
      • Skill required: Artifice: 200
      • Description: You can't help but riffle your opponents pockets when they're down. Use the quickpocket (or qp) command within the next 3 seconds to make a quick steal attempt on an attacker as they whiff their attack. Can be done during roundtime, and causes no roundtime.
    • "Trip Shot"
      • Skill required: Ranged Combat: 200
      • Description: You've spent so long lining up shots, you know how to make your opponent hesitate just at the right time. Your Ranged Combat offense bonus is now 100% instead of 85%.
    Last edited by Karjus on Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
    - Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
    Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
    Karjus

Re: Few Ability Suggestions

Post by Karjus »

Punish
    Availability: Dreadnought and Guardian
    • IC description: You're used to people trying to get in close and know how to use your armored bulk to make it dangerous.
    • OOC description: (Passive chance, when using Dreadnought or Guardian tactics, to "smash" into an opponent who successfully lands a hit with a weapon that has less than moderate reach. Causes damage and stagger based on the total weight of armor (shield included) that the defender is wearing.
    • Cooldown timer: 10
      • Melee Combat: 75%
      • Armor: 50%
      • Shield Use: 50%
      • Melee Combat: 100%, Dodge: 100%, or Acrobatics: 100%
      • Strength: +25%
      • Constitution: +25%
    • Attribute bonuses to defense:
      • Agility: +25%
      • Intuition: +25%
    - Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
    Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Precise Shot
    • IC description: Take advantage of your position to make an especially accurate shot with a ranged weapon.
    • OOC description: (Make an attack that has increased offense rerolls based on current balance, and whether you are currently engaged in combat.)
    • Usage: Pshot
    • Minimum Balance required: 5, or not engaged in combat
    • Balance usage: -5
    • Cooldown timer: 30
    • Offense rerolls: (based on current balance and engagement)
    - Karjus

Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Chameleon
    Availability: Primalist
    • IC description: You see parts of your body disappearing, before flickering back into existence.
    • OOC description: (You draw primal energy from your surroundings to shift parts of your body into the same coloration as your surroundings. You have a passive chance while active and in the wilderness, to avoid blows directed at you and also making it harder to aim at specific body parts. A successful evasion decreases the current duration by a further 10 seconds and has a cooldown of 10 seconds.
    • Usage: cast chameleon or cast 6xx
    • Energy usage: -25
    • Cooldown timer: 120
    • Prerequisite Abilities:
      • Druidic Bond
    • Duration Factors:
      • Base: 600
      • Max: 43200
      • == Skills ==
      • Druidry: 2/rank
      • == Attributes ==
      • Willpower: +10%
      • == Affinities ==
      • Shapechanging: 36/rank
      • Perception: 100%
      • Druidry: 80%
      • Stealth: 20%
      • Intuition: +15%
      • Awareness: +25%
    - Karjus

Onasaki

Post by Onasaki »

Brought it up on the Game Channel, got reminded of Tackle. Nevermind my commentary. XD
    Last edited by Onasaki on Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
    I have two forces by my side,
    One's the truth and one's a lie,
    Which one's which I cannot tell,
    This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
    Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Onasaki wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:39 am Isn't "Trip" basically just Sweep? 'Cause that's literally what Sweep does. It knocks people down, and causes stagger.
    As I commented in chat, if by "Is it a knockdown with stagger? Then Yes." So is tackle. It's a variation on a knockdown ability. and out the gate, a poorer one.
    - Karjus

Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Addition to Tackle.
    • Bonus Effect
      • "Armored Edge"
        • Class: Dreadnought and Guardian
        • Skill Required: Armor: 300
        • Description: You know just how to crash into people with your armor, causing bludgeoning damage to your opponent even on a failure. Damage is partially based on the combined weight of your armor and shield.
    - Karjus

Arphaxad

Post by Arphaxad »

Some good ideas worth discussing and exploring further. Bump.

Arphaxad
    Karjus

Post by Karjus »

Shameless bump, plus I still really want to see a knockdown ability for non-Warriors. I think it would make their combat a lot more enjoyable.
    - Karjus