Character Facial hair

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Talyn

Character Facial hair

Post by Talyn »

Took a little drive and was thinking about barbers and facial hair. Some of us wish to have facial hair and some of us don't. I think it would be neat to have an option that opts your character male, not male, or whatever to start growing facial hair within hmm a month. If that's too long then perhaps two weeks.
Within 2 days it changes your characters description to say, (character's hair color) stubble shadows this man's face.

Within 7 days it could be A short beard.

Within 14 days it could be a long scruffy beard.

You can of course increase the days to set the purpose but then metalworks could craft straight razors that could be used to 'shave' the users face. When they shave it could be from a list.
Mustache - (user) has a well trimmed mustache
Beard - (user) has a short well trimmed beard
Goatee - (user) has a well trimmed goatee

I've left it fairly basic and generic so it has room to grow but I thought it was an interesting thought and mechanic. The best part is that a straight razor could possibly be an improvised weapon for a Marauder, treating it like a dagger.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Onasaki

Re: Character Facial hair

Post by Onasaki »

I've brought this up to Rias a few times, and I think so has our other moustachio'd friend. As it stands right now, I think Rias is working on a barber system, for hairstyles. Which will probably include beards. It may take a while but I'm told you can always send an email via the cogg admin email (I don't have it on hand to post here), to request a beard be added to your description!

I think with Octum Festival starting tomorrow, Rias might be free to go into the backlog of his messages soon for those kinds of requests.

That all being said, I do love this idea. And want more facial hair options as well!
I have two forces by my side,
One's the truth and one's a lie,
Which one's which I cannot tell,
This enigma is my hell.

Baako leads you over to the grass to graze.
Reslior

Re: Character Facial hair

Post by Reslior »

I wanted to bump this. Nothing much more to say than I'm a beardy dude and an alt of mine seems so... not himself at all without a beard. It's a little immersion breaking. Thanks!