Voicechat Notes: October 29th

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Teri

Voicechat Notes: October 29th

Post by Teri »

Words from Rias in recent things:
A few things have come up and Rias wants to speak to those real quick. One, after recent ongoing discussions in the channel stirred up. He appreciated that people were trying to help and walk people through things. He appreciates people's patience and trying to help. Players are all awesome and thank you, community.

If something like that happens again or if anyone is feeling it is a bad situation and email cogg@contrarium.net if there is a situation or if you feel there is an issue brewing or think there is bad acting/behavior. If there is an angle or thing he doesn't know about or see he doesn't want anyone to feel unheard and want to take measure in learning about things. Feel free to email if something comes up or a head up on things, don't hesitate. Give feedback and doesn't want people to be quietly upset and doesn't want them to leave if something could be tweaked or improved.

Another thing is the auction thing. It was stressful between staff and players. He thinks overall it was successful but, in the future, it will be automated and uncertain cut off day to avoiding sniping. Put in your bid instead of waiting until last second. Likes the idea of auctions and raffles.

Another thing was about high skill people going to low skill zones and have a continued discussion on bss for it. He likes the idea of toning down potential loot of max skill people going to hunt infested vagrants for easy loot, so it would be a good idea to have a discussion on bbs. It is something that needs addressing to say it is fine or tweaking and discuss. If you have thoughts, post away. He is aware of it.

For player corpses: He has almost finished with dragging a corpse it alerts the corpse owner. That might come along inability to drag corpse once in crypt unless it is a room the owner can't get to. Some indication this is the wrong place. Probably add something at the gate guards. Doesn't require a pendant they will get a ping or when they log in informing them. Maybe some timer for every amount of time. If the wrong city and left there, probably do something as gm's some rep of the other faction will come up. The effort has been made, just not the right faction. Don't do that on purpose.

One more thing on the topic he wants to try to discourage npc corpse mounds. There are reasons he understands, but 20+ bodies in the room looks sort of weird (I commented what if someone is making sacrifices or something)

Q: There's a certain object from the summer festival with a flower in it, and we're given some minor lore about Khaldeans from that. Are there any other flowers that have well-established meanings or folk legends?
A: There are, but none for every cultural in mind at the moment there are some that are forgeable but can be seen in surveys
lost folk daisies and the mournboom. Wants to put riln in for them. There is a reason they have those names. there is the language of flowers concepts for whatever he doesn't have a list or thought out but likes the concept that stuff at some point write a document and wouldn't be opposed to assistance for that.

Q: Is unguent in common use outside of the Lost Lands?
A: Yeah and the fact that it works so well and quick is a game thing for game purposes. That isn't lore. Just like walking mistral to shadgard

Is unguent in common use outside of the Lost Lands?
Q: Followup question: Unguent is often mentioned with ointments, are ointments still something coming to the game? Maybe as short-term buffs?
A: I think it is the same thing. IN the code it is technically named ointment,

Q: I have always wondered who Susannah Buckmiller and Tovah are. You don't have to answer, especially if they're background NPCs that were made up in the moment, but I'm only bringing this up here because my in-character research has yeelded nothing.
A: Susannah is a known name and on the town council and they are the director of community/citizens. Reasonable most people would know who they are. Tovah is one of the top duelist trainers of Stormholdt.

Q: Is there a coded difference between upper and lower half-masks? Should it be possible to wear both and effectively have full mask coverage?
A: Needs to look at the code. Upper and lower should give full mask coverage, submit bugs. There is something wonky between the upper and lower masks.

Q: How is plate coming along? Has the recent need to look at other areas pushed it back? Are you pretty much set or still looking at how you're going to do them? If you need help with that, I suggest you talk to Saladbowl!
A: The crafting process is the only thing sticking right now. Trying to keep it simply and getting it out there. Plate is close considering heavy armor only one option they it is priority.

Q: Will it be possible at some point to get destriers? I can't remember if this has been brought up before. Always wanted Mourn to be one, and I'm still jealous of the ones that were on offer at the last festival.
A: Yeah. It is tempting to make them an uncommon thing because they are uncommon. They might not become an off the shelve shop but doesn't plan them being super esxlusive.

Q: Is there a reason Kobalttarn isn't in the materials list?
A: Needs to add it

Q: Will metal armor material effect things beyond durability/weight? Will some metals offer bonuses like certain skins do currently, for damage types?
A: Yeah. We can have some that are more resistant. We can, he would love to, but lacks the knowledge on what those bonuses would be. Would welcome suggestions.

Q: If Mining gets a look over in regards to ease/1 point factor, can we get the coal seam back?
A: Yeah for sure. Mining is in a weird place and it might be one of those things where yeah if you have one mining you can find copper but finding iron hard and very rare chance of anything else. Scale it up. To make a reason to invest more. Suggestions are welcome.

metal scale and chain will be medium armors

Q: Could Fjelbeist plates actually be worth something on the market? Currently, it's a bit of a dead hunting ground as without the coal seam, there is no reason to go there especially with the opening of the Canim Camp.
A: We need a fine a way to spruce up the plates. He would like to give them some qualities and how scale stuff is set up as some code is wonky. Brig is set up from scale stuff and scale stuff has properties and brig needs to consider what kind of plates have been used for it. And in general, that can go hand in hand with plates being more valuable.

Q: Of all the active characters we have guardians, when will guardians get more love
A: Part of the plan for guardians was to work off the recent ranger abilities to give armor adjust abilities. They could get some there and plus more stuff for combat style. Give suggestions. wants to overhaul stuff.

Q: Does the Dominion have its own kind of "Woodland Conservation Act?" Similar to Shadgard? Do they seem to care (on the aggregate) about responsible land stewardship?
A: He is sure they have their own kind of way to make the most efficient use of the land in their head. Less protective in nature but efficiency to have it available the future. And regulations he is sure they have that in place in the background

Q: Only allowing attack/chink from stealth? One frustrating cycle to be put under is having someone ambush with a staggering blow, and utilizing the stagger/surprise timer to run, rehide and attack again. Sometimes all this before the stagger from the first hit falls. This experience is somehow a lot more annoying than being one shotted from stealth. Also being staggered surprise by brutes is not fun either.

A: Will take a look and see if there is some weird surprise/stagger adding up times. Stagger is high and stunlocking is on the list to be reworked. Will take a look at the brutes.

Q: Is cheapshot and counter punch supposed to be unaimed?
A: Counter punch, yes because it has stagger effects. For cheapshot, might need a second look/feedback. Also inspired talk about discussing aimed/unaimed. Another thing to consider. He feels if unaimed attacks are not important or feel like any action that isn't aimed is a waste of an action that is a problem. an extra attack. Some pondering on aim/unaimed or adding more effects if you don't hit the chest and debilitations. Add more emphasis on different hit locations
Last edited by Teri on Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Marcuson

Re: Voicechat Saturday October 29th 2pm MST

Post by Marcuson »

There's a certain object from the summer festival with a flower in it, and we're given some minor lore about Khaldeans from that. Are there any other flowers that have well-established meanings or folk legends?
Volinn

Post by Volinn »

Is unguent in common use outside of the Lost Lands?
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

I have always wondered who Susannah Buckmiller and Tovah are. You don't have to answer, especially if they're background NPCs that were made up in the moment, but I'm only bringing this up here because my in-character research has yeelded nothing.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
jerc

Post by jerc »

Is there a coded difference between upper and lower half-masks? Should it be possible to wear both and effectively have full mask coverage?
Karjus

Post by Karjus »

1) How is plate coming along? Has the recent need to look at other areas pushed it back? Are you pretty much set or still looking at how you're going to do them? If you need help with that, I suggest you talk to Saladbowl!

2) Will it be possible at some point to get destriers? I can't remember if this has been brought up before. Always wanted Mourn to be one, and I'm still jealous of the ones that were on offer at the last festival.

3) Is there a reason Kobalttarn isn't in the materials list?

4) Will metal armor material effect things beyond durability/weight? Will some metals offer bonuses like certain skins do currently, for damage types?

5) If Mining gets a look over in regards to ease/1 point factor, can we get the coal seam back?

6) Could Fjelbeist plates actually be worth something on the market? Currently, it's a bit of a dead hunting ground as without the coal seam, there is no reason to go there especially with the opening of the Canim Camp.
- Karjus

Speaking to you, XYZ says, "Never bother to wash it. It gets dirty again anyway."
Speaking to XYZ, you say, "I hope you don't treat your ass the same way."
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Does the Dominion have its own kind of "Woodland Conservation Act?" Similar to Shadgard? Do they seem to care(on the aggregate) about responsible land stewardship?
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
rocode

Post by rocode »

Volinn wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:14 pm Is unguent in common use outside of the Lost Lands?
Followup question: Unguent is often mentioned with ointments, are ointments still something coming to the game? Maybe as short-term buffs?
Spidercat

Post by Spidercat »

Only allowing attack/chink from stealth? One frustrating cycle to be put under is having someone ambush with a staggering blow, and utilizing the stagger/surprise timer to run, rehide and attack again. Sometimes all this before the stagger from the first hit falls. This experience is somehow a lot more annoying than being one shotted from stealth.

Also being staggered surprise by brutes is not fun either.
Teri

Re: Voicechat Notes: October 29th

Post by Teri »

vc notes added to first post
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time