New Ranger ability: Adjust Gear: Travel

Rangers, bards, treasure hunters, rogues - anyone with a love for the adventurous lifestyle beyond the town walls.
Rias
DEV

New Ranger ability: Adjust Gear: Travel

Post by Rias »

Rangers now have access to the new Adjust Gear: Travel ability! Everyone can thank Lexx for lamenting that their ranger was so encumbered by their worn rope this morning. I wanted to figure out a way to let Rangers travel with all their travel gear without being quite so bogged down by the weight encumbrance. Cue flashbacks to Boy Scout week-long hikes and my infinitely-patient Scoutmaster helping us all adjust the straps of our backpacks in such a way that seemed to magically make them lighter. That mad me think this would be a neat ability not only for Rangers, but to allow them to give out as a "buff" for others. I'm always a fan of non-magical buffs when they're believable.

More information can be found by typing HELP ADJUST GEAR: TRAVEL in-game, or checking out the wiki article here. Feedback and suggestions are welcome as always!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Re: New Ranger ability: Adjust Gear: Travel

Post by Lexx416 »

Already love this ability! There's something a little funny with encumbrance calculation going on (if I wear two ropes and remove one, and put it away elsewhere I'm at 0 enc, but when I do the ENC command it recalculates to 1, so it's probably an ENC bug and not a Travel Gear bug), and the toolbelt doesn't count as pouches for the ability either.

Do you want us to bug containers that aren't covered by this, just in case?
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Lexx416 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:13 pm Do you want us to bug containers that aren't covered by this, just in case?
Yes please!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Serity

Post by Serity »

Could appropriate items receive a "This item can be fitted with the Adjust Gear: X, Y, Z abilities." line when examined? Weapons receive a main-gauche line despite being useless for most of the player-base, so I imagine an Adjust Gear line, when any player in the game can make use of it (when targetted) is an obvious choice.