Stance: Stonewall (Dre, Gua) ability overhaul

Peerless warriors of varying types, from hulking armored dreadnoughts to stealthy light-footed nightblades.
Rias
DEV

Stance: Stonewall (Dre, Gua) ability overhaul

Post by Rias »

The Stance: Stonewall ability (Dre, Gua) has been overhauled. It now causes a repeating (stoppable) 1 second of roundtime for a maximum of 10 seconds, gaining +1 balance each second. During the stance's duration, Parry and Block roll maximums are increased by 100 and receive +1 reroll, and any blows that strike a hit location covered by heavy-class armor will automatically be glancing blows (reduced damage).

This was a really old ability created back when there wasn't much to combat. Balance was important so this was put in as a balance-gainer. I'm pretty sure this was before roundtime-based defenses too, so the 7 sec of roundtime wasn't necessarily bad. It's been years since then and things have changed significantly, so it was high time this rarely-used ability got an update. Enjoy laughing at futile attempts to harm you while you get your stance all situated, Dreadnoughts and Guardians! As always, feedback and any further suggestions are appreciated.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Maina

Re: Stance: Stonewall (Dre, Gua) ability overhaul

Post by Maina »

I don't play a warrior, but this looks like a great update.

As someone who played a lot of nightblade, though, I had a question: Does the auto-glance supercede the armor chink class active ability? Or can it still punch through? Not the automatic chance of chinking, but when someone types 'chink X.'
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

The auto-glancing only applies if normal glancing-blow circumstances allow, so armor chink will pass through it. Don't get TOO comfortable, heavy tanks!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Navi

Post by Navi »

Thanks for the clarification. At first, glance, pun intended, I was like, well, I guess I'll just not be taking a shot at these guys while it's active, I probably won't anyway because of the 100% bonus. Still, these classes should be the ones with the most sustainable defense. However, I think being staggered or prone should cancel the effect automatically.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again