Wagons and smaller carts?

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Ezrynon

Wagons and smaller carts?

Post by Ezrynon »

I have noticed for a while that in cogg it is so hard to maneuver materials from one area to another, however it is also really hard to get a handcart because they are so expensive. You always have to borrow some, or rent one, and then if you are getting frustrated with the character or can't manage to play for a bit people have to worry if they can get their handcart back. It's a loop that is so irritating that if you try and get started with a profession that requires you to move, such as logging, or farming, or anything like that it is hard to get started. So, I would suggest something similar to a handcart, something bigger than say a trunk so you can carry some necessary things, but something not so large as to give you the benefits of a regular sized one. Say instead of fitting 6 logs in a handcart, the new cart, you can only fit three. efficient to get started but not benefitial enough that you'd want to stay with it when you can upgrade.

In the same vein, it'd be nice to have wagons, that could be built. People have sometimes multiple workhorses and it'd be nice to hook a team up to a wagon, sit on the wagon and drive it. It'd make it easier to deliver large amounts of timber from one area to another. Say from Shadgard to Mistral lake. Also it may be interesting that they may have to travel a wagon road or caravan route, that bandits could frequent, and only certain wagons could go down. It'd require guards to protect the wagon there and back. It could also make it so you could put rare materials, gale wood, celestium ore, things like that in difficult places with a very scarce find rate to make it hard to get and you have a caravan where you have danger, reward, and a larger use for a wagon, as well as still being able to say take it into the forest and get raw materials. Can you say teamster, anyone?

This is my morning idea that I woke up to. It could be unhelpful, or totally helpful. But it's just an idea.

Pof Lavi