What Does Your Character Look Like?

Share about your character, or get help brainstorming a concept, skill setup, backstory ... all that fun stuff!
Gorth

What Does Your Character Look Like?

Post by Gorth »

I wanted to bring back a few of the cool topics I've seen as I idly troll the CLOKBBS. And this was neat. They used images, but hey, it's another writing challenge, mm?

What does your character(s) look like? Describe in as little or as much detail as you like. Lets um..keep it professional, though, I know how people can get sometimes.

I'll have Maya's description up soon, but I figured I'd put this up before I go to bed to see if anyone bites.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Ephemeralis

Re: What Does Your Character Look Like?

Post by Ephemeralis »

On a related note, I really wish we could do this kind of thing in-game. Like have a LOOK <CHARACTER> CLOSER and be able to set a custom description for their features, etc.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Ephemeralis wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:28 am On a related note, I really wish we could do this kind of thing in-game. Like have a LOOK <CHARACTER> CLOSER and be able to set a custom description for their features, etc.
This has been brought up a few times on BBS and in Voicechats, and we usually land on no. Mostly because that's a lot more work for the GMs.

I feel like a proposed LOOK <PERSON> CLOSER is neat, though, because one of the arguments I remember against having custom descriptions was that it would make some people's really long description (with a bunch of fine quality clothes and such) even longer.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Maya: I said I would post my description of Maya. I'm not sure this is exactly what I want, yet, but it's a start. It's difficult to describe your character to the detail you imagine them, but not over-describe.
Maya is, of course, rather small, all around. Standing at just about five foot one inch and slender as a reed doesn't lend itself well to intimidation, in most cases. Copper hair hangs straight to just under her shoulders, framing a youthful face. Despite the slender build, hard muscles in her arms, shoulders and legs are clearly noticeable when she moves, a sign of a woman used to physical labor of some kind or another.
If one were to look closely at her face, however, they would notice her soft, honey colored eyes are surrounded by a few small worry-lines, contrasting greatly with her youthful appearance. It doesn't take much perception to notice the thin line of a scar that runs from the end of one of the worry-lines and curves down around her small nose to end just above her lips, however. Other than that, her face remains relatively untouched by time and injury.
Her hands bare evidence of long hours worked without gloves. Rough skin, several long, faded scars, calluses reminiscent of both tool use and the holding of a blade all come together to make hands that could tell a story all on there own. Also notable is that they never sit still. Whether she's tugging on a lock of hair, dipping two slender fingers into a pouch to toy with something, or performing tiny coin tricks, her eternal restlessness is easy to see from the movements of her hands.
I hope it isn't too cliche!