Voicechat Notes: Saturday September 24th

If the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, discuss it here.
Teri

Voicechat Notes: Saturday September 24th

Post by Teri »

Voice chat notes:

Q: Is the data sent over the ESP network purely words? Or can they be considered more thoughts of feeling and intent? The latter is how I always assumed my uneducated street rat would know what any of these fancy colors were, hence my question.
A: Pretty much walkie talky. We handwave knowing the exact colours. Sort of vision of the colour in head. Need to ID people for game purposes.
Q: Is the voice heard instantaneously throughout the entire reach of the network when broadcasting?

A: Yes. Once network ranges get bigger, it might sound faint in the future you know they far.

Q: /sigh Does Mayonnaise exist?
A: It shouldn't, yuck. Yes.

Q: What do the other cultures think about the Khaldeans' advances? More specifically, do places like Nuum consider Clockwork and Steam to be atempts at overthrowing Arcana? I know Karnath likes there firearms, but how far into Khaldean technology will they go considering some of it may promote more laziness in the workforce?
A: The Nuum see it as them trying to get by without arcana. Yep, that is why they left because no one respected and were told they were less because of their lack of interest in the occult. The rest of the world is generally impressed. Hillfolk document, they don't like relying on too much stuff you may lose your ability to do honest hard work but they love flintlocks. They might utilize a thing here or there but they try to not rely on contraptions. They prefer to work by the sweat of their brow, generalized. Hillbrook clan are a little more willing to adopt stuff and are progressive in that. Alebrooks are more likely to build towns instead of farmsteads. A lot of times when there is a big eventthey meet in Alebrook places for facilities for crowds and things.

Q: Why are Khaldeans so awesome? Like seriously, they're the second coolest race, behind Huecatns! It the plural of Huecatn Huecatn or Huecatns? Huecati?
A: Just Huecatn. Loves all his children equally. He is excited to take them in a direction in cogg and give them their own distinct feel this time around. Feel people in the previous incarnation got a feel of industrialized London feel but they are more aesthetically middle eastern.

Q: Are there stories of undying commonly told in the Lost Lands? Any :wink: :wink: notable ones? If you need specifics cause you're mean, any particular stories of undying not dying of old age, in particular
A: He doesn't have any specific ones but there are probably one's because they did awesome things who are undying. And ones who die, they have a limited number of lives but don't know which is there last. Tempted to add a randomized undying option where you don't know how many lives. The authentic undying experience trademarked

A: Once we have mutually exclusive factions, will there be any public boards accessible to both, or will all boards effectively be faction-only?
A: Might makes sense to have one in Emberlight. Sort of neutral spot. Does like adventurer guild spots than one central spot. Might import treehouse

Does anything affect the spawn rates of fish in specific areas, such as weather or time of day? Or is it more fixed/simplistic than that?
A: Not at the moment but on to do list. Fishing in general needs some poking. Throw out fish suggestions. Often will make up things so fish details don't have someone going this fish doesn't live like this

There's a book at the library entitled The Ravings of Xital, Mad Prophet of Teonanacatl. Could you tell us more about them?
A: They rave Madly. Something to get back on, think he remembers but needs to look over notes

Has your thinking on mercenaries offering their services to either Shadgard or Mistral Lake shifted at all?
A: I think if about the same. If you get a rep for both sides, both sides might suspect you, but might have to live the emberlight life. The merc idea is really cool, feel likes it if we make that an option a lot of people won't take a side and be a floaty mid cross faction and would defeat what we are trying to work. Dislaimer if exclusive thing ends up being awful, we will move away from it. Feeling things out and see how it goes.

Q: are there plans for degradation of other items than armor, tools, and weapons such as clothing, shields (which are technically weapons), and sorcerous focuses? Foci? what's the plural of a sorcerous focus? Tulpa knows English, ask him this one.
A: Shields need to degrade, clothes, yes over time and damage from certain activities. A fall or something to put some wear and tear. Shoes and so on from use over time.

Q: I have been thinking about what the correct authoritarian states are for model comparisons with the Dominion and that is a fun rabbit hole and also has led me to these questions:

Q: What is the corruption like? Are there people near the top who arbitrarily accuse upcoming rivals of things like sedition, treason, supporting rebels, etc to keep them down? Are confiscated things given out as rewards to state officers? If corruption is prevalent, is it visible? Do the citizenry believe the leaders are corrupt?
A: He likes to think the dominion. there is always going to be use and abuse of power and those are some themes, but don't think they will be extreme themes of. They are authoritarian but they are in an idealistic phase and want to create their vision of not dystopia/eutopia depending on perspectives. Some are power mad, but it isn't the Dominions thing. They want things to be orderly, work just how they want it all to. They are not tyrants taking over the world twisting their mustaches. They are just the bad guys they have a vision they are genuinely interested in achieving. they aren't trying to do it at the expense of the citizenry. Not Drones, but they want citizens to be satisfied. Happy citizens are non-rebellious and is overall good. They are not a shallow vision club, to clarify. They tend to orderly and authoritarian, but they tend to respect everyone, cities and peers alike until they get uppity or something. Some odd cases occasionally crop up crushing people, but that isn't the norm. He wants the dominion to be a respectable group. Don't want them to be obviously cartoonishly evil empire because there is no shred of decency

Q: What is the taxation like? I know there aren't any taxes in the game presently, at least, not that are labeled as such, but lore-wise does the Dominion have relatively steep taxes to pay for their larger-than-normal military and police forces and ministry of occult research (or whatever they call it)?
A: Yeah. He imagines they have some decent taxes there but honestly doesn't know about how to make a response. Going along with organized efforts, forts, building roads, and villages are described as having gates and walls out there and obviously takes money. Definitely need money for it.

Will bring over some Clok things where you die and you stay dead for a while a system to notify and trigger for others to say they died, and corpse is dragged back to a spot they can be revived. That would be the ideal way, stuff the soul back in the corpse. With some sorcery or spooky shenanigans.
Q: Based on this, will we no longer be changing bodies and affectively reverting to previous physical forms, upon death? Does this mean people are going to walk around with a lot more impossible scars, like a scar that shows you were literally cut in half? Or does this mean that you'll be regenerating a new body still?
I ask because of the aforementioned situation. Would wounds be healed to livable results before you were revived?
A: Yes. With thaumaturgy ways it was healing type stuff and heals you as they go. Sorcerer method doesn't heal, so figuring out so you don't bleed to death again.
Q: What about being cut in half.
A: At that point there would be a respawn method. If someone fell into the fireplace and burned away, no revive the nice way. Going to have go get a new body.

Q: Will Mistral have the same newbie tasks and starting experience as Shadgard? i.e. spawning in the inn, and if so, does that mean people will choose during character creation? Or will they start off neutral and travel to a town to be in-citizened, possibly with an initiation like quiz?
A: Right now the goal is choose on character creation than rather start always in Shadgard just to join with equivalent starts

Q:When CvC gets implemented, how will the search work at the border? Will raiding parties going for the town to flip it be subjected to a search, or will they have to fight through the border station?
A: If they get to the point of hostility, have to fight through the fort. Mistral has more defences currently. Might change if Shadgard get gets more defences if they join Republic or something else. Tougher place to go guns blazing.
Shadgard is not a big city. It is a survior outpost town in the lost lands not multi settlement conglomerate like the Dominion. It is supposed to feel lesser in that scale but that doesn't mean Rias wants them to get their butts kicked all the time. If hostiles try to walk the canyon, they will have issues. Arrow slits will be for any who want to defend but don't want to get wrecked in outright combat or have less combat skills. Now if the gate is overrun.. different story.

Q: What is next?
A: Now that mistral is out he can run around and do a bunch of other stuff. Loose threads from the past to finish up. Societies and death things
Last edited by Teri on Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Gorth

Re: Voicechat: Saturday September 24th 2pm MST

Post by Gorth »

Q: Is the data sent over the ESP network purely words? Or can they be considered more thoughts of feeling and intent? The latter is how I always asumed my unedjicated street rat would know what any of these fancy colors were, hence my question.

Q: Is the voice heard instantaneously throughout the entire reach of the network when broadcasting?

Q: /sigh Does Mayonnaise exist?

Q: What do the other cultures think about the Khaldeans' advances? More specifically, do places like Nuum consider Clockwork and Steam to be atempts at overthrowing Arcana? I know Karnath likes there firearms, but how far into Khaldean technology will they go considering some of it may promote more laziness in the workforce?

Q: Why are Khaldeans so awesome? Like seriously, they're the second coolest race, behind Huecatns! It the plural of Huecatn Huecatn or Huecatns? Huecati?

Q: Are there stories of undying commonly told in the Lost Lands? Any :wink: :wink: notable ones? If you need specifics cause you're mean, any particular stories of undying not dying of old age, in particular?
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
jerc

Post by jerc »

Once we have mutually-exclusive factions, will there be any public boards accessible to both, or will all boards effectively be faction-only?
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Does anything affect the spawn rates of fish in specific areas, such as weather or time of day? Or is it more fixed/simplistic than that?
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

There's a book at the library entitled The Ravings of Xital, Mad Prophet of Teonanacatl. Could you tell us more about them?

Has your thinking on mercenaries offering their services to either Shadgard or Mistral Lake shifted at all?
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Q: are there plans for degredation of other items than armor, tools, and weapons such as clothing, shields (which are technically weapons), and sorcerous focuses? Foci? what's the plural of a sorcerous focus? Tulpa knows English, ask him this one.
nobody

Post by nobody »

I have been thinking about what the correct authoritarian states are for model comparisons with the Dominion and that is a fun rabbit hole and also has led me to these questions:
- What is the corruption like? Are there people near the top who arbitrarily accuse upcoming rivals of things like sedition, treason, supporting rebels, etc to keep them down? Are confiscated things given out as rewards to state officers? If corruption is prevalent, is it visible? Do the citizenry believe the leaders are corrupt?
- What is the taxation like? I know there aren't any taxes in the game presently, at least, not that are labeled as such, but lore-wise does the Dominion have relatively steep taxes to pay for their larger-than-normal military and police forces and ministry of occult research (or whatever they call it)?
Teri

Post by Teri »

vc in 50 mins
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Death read wrote:Will bring over some Clok things where you die and you stay dead for a while a system to notify and trigger for others to say they died, and corpse is dragged back to a spot they can be revived. That would be the ideal way, stuff the soul back in the corpse. With some sorcery or spooky shenanigans.
Q: Based on this, will we no longer be changing bodies and affectively reverting to previous physical forms, upon death? Does this mean people are going to walk around with a lot more impossible scars, like a scar that shows you were litterally cut in half? Or does this mean that you'll be regenerating a new body still?
I ask because of the aforementioned situation. Would wounds be healed to liveable results before you were revived?
Teri

Re: Voicechat Notes: Saturday September 24th

Post by Teri »

Vc notes edited into the first post. Mostly edited.