Artus' official Coggpack, soundpack for Mushclient

Discussion of MUD clients, plugins, the website, and other technical stuff.
artus

Artus' official Coggpack, soundpack for Mushclient

Post by artus »

*resounding hello!*

I know it's been much hyped, much anticipated for after Oct 2021 when I announced I'd be modifying the old Clokpack beta to Coggpack. Deadline met. Results await. Sorry for keeping you this long. Enjoy guys!

Mush dependent pack:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgfa9wc6f7yeip5/cogg.zip?dl=1

Standalone bundle:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iefxqs4ag0nbf ... e.zip?dl=1

@Rias: if you'd like to assist by adding this pack to the server, please give it three days+ after this post in case bugs arise with the main upload. I'd love to see both of these packs and the soundpack helpfile in the game one day, or else here is fine too. Thank you.
Rias
DEV

Re: Artus' official Coggpack, soundpack for Mushclient

Post by Rias »

This is very nice, Arty! I know a lot of people were really looking forward to the release of your soundpack. Let me know if there are any strings you need for updates.

I'll happily throw it on the server and put links in the soundpack helpfile once you feel it's ready (presumably after a few days of player testing and feedback). Just let me know when.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
debaquila96

Post by debaquila96 »

HEllo Artus and everyone,
This is a great soundpack. I like it so much. Although, I found that the 'SAY' command doesn't show up any sound. Congratulations for every modifications you did!
Navi

Post by Navi »

You may need to turn on meta prefixes on, use the mpf command to toggle those.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Verel

Post by Verel »

You must use the metaprefix for say in order for the pack to play a sound when you say something.

Just figured I'd let you know or anyone just in case they were wondering why not. This also enables the say buffer.
debaquila96

Post by debaquila96 »

Thank you. Figured out! I'm not that clever with codes... triggers... and so on... Thanks!
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

I've added these links to the wiki page for "Soundpack", which will also show under HELP SOUNDPACK in-game. Thanks for making this, Artus!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
artus

Post by artus »

Can I spend 5 seconds of my life hating bbs for not having thumbs up for the post above?:(

Seriously, thank you. Also, you need both say and emote buffer on if you want them to show. Please make checking read me and explanation files a habit, folks. It saves you a lot of inconveniences.
artus

Post by artus »

I'm back, folks, And I'm not back empty!
I've been a hermit for a while to work on...well, something I hope everyone loves. This one's pretty massive and unfortunately slightly bulkier compared to the last one. I'll work on that, promise, and I'll try not to afk for too long again so I can bug you lovely lots some more, oh and for you to report bugs, of course.
Note that all the packs here can either be downloaded from the links in my first post or help soundpack in game. Love yall and see you next update!

V. 0.02 major
- Major change: echo system. Water and mud will never be the same experience. This system is still quite unrefined as it is. I'll work on it in the next update to make the pack less bulky.
- Autoscript for tumbler locks.
- New sounds for sawmill.
- More sounds for traps.
- Partial overhall of leave/arrive sounds.
- Ungagged something that shouldn't have been gagged, whoops.
- Energy gag is now customizeable. Whatever number you set it to will be the threshold and anything below it will be gagged. Set it to 0 to disable. You can also do this in the lua script file. Default is 10, reduced from 15.
- Added autocarving script. Please don't abuse this one.
- Changed the name of a certain file in the am folder to enable the background loop for indoor urban rooms to work again.
- More sounds for misc stuff.
- As requested by everyone, show sound for items. Slate users should be happy now.
- Adjusted a few sounds, including the lethargy spam which may have been too loud and constant for certain people.
- Edited the things to do file to match keepalive function. It's not autoidle anymore.
- Changed the exhausted sound to be louder and match the drum set so you get to actually pay attention whenever you are. The heart beat can sometimes be easily missed due to how quiet it is.
- Feint sounds should work as intended now. Also changed some of the old sounds to make it more dynamic.
- Tactical dodge lure now has sounds for each terrain stumble.
- Fix the forging sounds not working as intended. Any instances of missed fix should be reported.
There may still be some sounds missing from the pack due to me paying attention to the major echo changes. Stay tuned for the fix and report wherever.
- A bunch of small bug fixes.
- Added pluginator to the plugin package, whoops.

Cheers, and lotsa hugs!
artus

Post by artus »

This one's pretty much a small update to fix some unaddressed bugs and improved some quality of life stuff from the main build that I missed, and added/removed some stuff I also forgot. If you're absolutely, like 100% fine with the main build and don't want any of these, you can skip update and wait for the next major.

V.0.02 smallfix
- Replaced the changelog in the bundle client. I somehow got the super old clok changelog in there instead of the actual Coggpack release log, whoops. The changelog is no longer in the main folder but rather worlds/cogg, which you can type log in game to check out.
- Added instructions for those who wish to be betatesters to the read me, yay!
- Unbulked the pack very slightly. Will do it more in the next update.
- Changed the sound for primal infusion. Sorry folks. I forgot to in the main release.
- Following a rather amusing feedback from the main release, replaced music tracks and added desert/death room music. Again, blame my memory.
- Added door sounds for somewhere tricky to capture like the shrine of Undm.
- Change the deathknell moving sound. Someone was apparently unnerved by it, whoops. Sorry for the loudness and anxiety trigger.