Repairability of armor made from sinew cloth

For technical bugs that merit special attention or discussion. (Please use the BUG command in-game first to report the bug.)
jerc

Repairability of armor made from sinew cloth

Post by jerc »

So far, I've only tested this with sinew cloth padded armor, but I suspect that it's the case for all of the other cloths from bushcrafting. I would test, but my PC dropped bushcrafting after the 300+ animals (2376 fibers, more if you use cordage for thread) it took to make the full set of sinew armor :stuck_out_tongue:

UPDATE: got some help testing padded bark cloth. Seems that it can be repaired just fine by the workshop and PC tailors. Looks like this might be a sinew-only problem?

When attempting to repair any piece of it, I get

Code: Select all

<item> cannot be repaired.
They're not in any worse condition than other sets of padded armor I've been able to repair in the past, and I've got all of the necessary tools and materials.

I bugged it (#7228), but also wanted to post here for more visibility. I've only got so much runway before repairs (once fixed) can't be done with just thread, and I'll have to go hunting again.

P.S. It would also be cool to be able to MODIFY ANIMAL sinew cloth items, or to simply have the animal removed entirely. Some things look like "sheep sinew" (even when no sheep were involved) and others are plain "sinew." I've apparently got five bug reports regarding sinew origin weirdness (6286, 6340, 6341, 6620, 6621).