Pricing work, and a call for help

Discussion of MUD clients, plugins, the website, and other technical stuff.
nobody

Pricing work, and a call for help

Post by nobody »

So, I'd love to develop a pricing framework for how much things should cost, but doing it right involves lots of time-consuming and detailed info gathering that I am struggling to commit to. So, I'd love your help!

The general idea is that I'd like to get info on all of the roundtime costs, energy costs, and riln costs associated with each crafted item and its inputs, as well as whether the activity can be done while sitting. For example:
example wrote:Tempered clay requires 10 chunks of clay, 3 sand, 3 fingers of water, and 10 roundtime. It can be shaped while sitting.

Digging chunks of clay costs 5 roundtime and 10 energy, and produces 6 chunks of clay. They can be bought for 2 riln and sell for 1*. A fully repaired copper shovel can dig 3000 chunks before breaking, and digging cannot be done while sitting.

Digging sand costs 5 roundtime and 5 energy, and produces 5 sand. Sand has no current market value. A fully repaired shovel can dig 2500 sand before breaking.

Water I think can be neglected, since working near a river provides water with no cost. Working in town with a barrel provides 4096 fingers of water for 3 roundtime and 5 energy at peak efficiency. If the clayworks ever gets pipes for water, this cost will likely go away.

Buying a new copper shovel costs 387 riln. Repairing a broken copper shovel costs 88 riln and 1 day of wait time. Repairing a broken shovel with metalworking requires wait time for the shovel to get red hot, roundtime and energy for the repair work, and should consume some amount of copper. I'd love numbers on all those bits (how many seconds to go from room temperature to red hot (I believe this varies by item weight and material), how much roundtime to repair, how much energy to repair, how much copper to repair, how many broken copper shovels can a copper forging hammer repair before it breaks - this last bit I would want by the number of completely broken shovels repaired and the roundtime spent on the last shovel if only partially repaired).

So, lots of little details. Given that, it may be best for someone to claim one recipe at a time and once an ingriedient is detailed once, it doesn't need to be detailed again. For consistency, please use pine and copper as baselines when possible. And count your own steps (by energy loss where possible, by roundtime with pluginator when energy isn't consumed) rather than relying on recipe info. If you have questions about how to get a specific piece of info from a process, ask here or via tell and I'll be glad to help.

Thank you for encouraging me to get help with this, and good luck in your detail grind.
Teri

Re: Pricing work, and a call for help

Post by Teri »

As far as weaving goes, I will meander a spreadsheet for the knitted items specifically (not the weaved/wicker ones) To make sure I've an idea of the details correctly,, I would be starting with sheep's wool, spinning and counting the resulting product (70 units) knitting each item and figuring out the roundtime for those, then presumably some math after in regard to the final sale prices, as some knitted items are better to sell than others in regards to how many units of yarn go into them off the top of my head. The only thing I'm not familiar with is pluginator for the steps and would appreciate any help figuring that out
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
nobody

Post by nobody »

Teri wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:35 pm To make sure I've an idea of the details correctly,, I would be starting with sheep's wool, spinning and counting the resulting product (70 units) knitting each item and figuring out the roundtime for those, then presumably some math after in regard to the final sale prices, as some knitted items are better to sell than others in regards to how many units of yarn go into them off the top of my head. The only thing I'm not familiar with is pluginator for the steps and would appreciate any help figuring that out
Sheeps wool is a good baseline. For the spinning process, note the roundtime the game tells you at the start of the process and count the energy hits to figure out total steps. Also note the amount of uses in the sheep's wool before starting, as not all sheeps wool items are equal.

For figuring out roundtimes on knitting, you could either do the very tedious (knit item;stop) and manually add roundtimes once the item is finished, or use `pluginator` right before starting an item (and again when the item is completely finished, that is after you see [Roundtime finished.] assuming you have option RoundtimeAlert enabled, to turn it off), and noting the initial roundtime (probably 5 seconds?) and then counting the number of pluginator entries where you have "'roundtime': 0" - multiplying the initial roundtime by the count should give total roundtime. Also, for knitting, can you confirm that knitting needles don't get damaged with use?
Teri

Post by Teri »

I've sent a message regarding my questions and will write down how many uses the sheep wool has when I start for sure. Knitting needles do not take damage during knitting.
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Gorth

Cooking Recipe Data

Post by Gorth »

Some of this data is redundant, namely the keeping time, as all cookde items keep for the same time. But i'm shamelessly verbose, sorry not sorry.

Boiled Corn: Corn is currently not in season. We should hopefully remember to come back to this during summer or spring.
Fried Whole Fish: Can be fished, obviously, but prices on market change based on type and size. The recipe requires one whole fish and a skillet, takes 20 seconds to cook and induces 10 seconds of roundtime. The finished product keeps for 1 week 2 days, though the finished products nutrition and buy/sell cost are also bassed on variable size, (Will update with data once obtained).
Seared Meat and Skewered Meat: This recipe requires one raw meat and a skillet (for the former) or skewer (for the latter). The meat sells for 9 riln and can be bought for 12 riln. The recipe takes 2 minutes to cook and induces 10 seconds of roundtime. The finished product keeps for 1 week 2 days, and has 10 bites for a total of 100 nutrition. It sells for 75 riln and can be bought for 100 riln.
Boiled Crab Leg: One Cliff Crawler gives six crab legs. Each takes 5 seconds of roundtime at ten energy each. A single raw leg sells for 3 riln and can be bought for 5 riln. The recipe requires one leg and one cooking pot. It takes one minute to cook and induces 10 seconds of roundtime. The finished product keeps for 1 week and 2 days, and has 3 bites for a total of 30 nutrition. It sells for 22 riln and can be bought for 30 riln.
Grilled Meat: This recipe requires a grill, a tool that has not yet been implimented.
Skewered Fish: Can be fished, obviously, but prices on market change based on type and size. The recipe requires one whole fish and a skewer, takes 20 seconds to cook and induces 10 seconds of roundtime. The finished product keeps for 1 week 2 days, has 3 bites for a total of 30 nutrition, but is considered sit down food. The result sells for 22 riln and can be bought for 30 riln.
Boiled Mussels: These can be fished, sell for 52 riln and can be bought for 87 riln. The recipe requires a Cooking Pot of water and 3 Mussels, takes 2 minutes to cook and induces 10 seconds of roundtime. The finished product keeps for 1 week and 2 days and has 3 bites for a total of 45 nutrition. The product sells for 33 riln and can be bought for 45 riln.
Roasted Pine Nuts: This recipe requires shelled pine nuts and a skillet. To make them, you must forage for a pine cone, crush it (Which takes two rounds of five seconds), crush the result (which takes the same) for a total of 4 rounds of five seconds each. The recipe takes 1 minute to cook and induces 10 seconds of roundtime. The result keeps for 1 week 2 days, has 1 bite for a total of 5 nutrition, sells for 3 riln and can be bought for 5 riln.
Fried Egg and Scrambled Egg: This recipe requires 1 egg (Which can be gotten once a day from a chicken, or sold for 15 riln and bought for 20 riln) and a skillet. The recipe takes 30 seconds to cook and induces 10 roundtime. The result keeps for 1 week 2 days, has 3 bites for a total of 30 nutrition, but is considered sit down food. It can be sold for 22 riln and bought for 30 riln.

An Average Copper Skillet can be sold for 150 and bought for 200 riln. An Average Copper Skewer can be sold for 15 riln and bought for 20 riln.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

Nobody, I'm working on a spreadsheet for hammer-forged items that will provide your requested information. I'll just need a bit more time to fill out the rest of the details.
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

So we can more-easily divide up help, why not list off the things we've already gathered data for? I've provided data to Nobody for every leatherworking recipe and all hammer-forged copper recipes. Still working on the iron ones. Then I'll do metalcasting, which its own separate beast, unless someone else wants to tackle it.

Edit (May 17, 2022): Submitted data for every masonry recipe.
Staz

Post by Staz »

I've posted elsewhere about Knitting and Woodworking numbers before I saw this thread. Please let me know if you would like that data linked here as well.

I will be creating a character in the near future to test out recipes at different skill levels. Please let me know if there are particular recipes that need documenting.

Thanks!