BBS COGG Emoji

Discussion of MUD clients, plugins, the website, and other technical stuff.
Rias
DEV

BBS COGG Emoji

Post by Rias »

I added the recent COGG emoji here on the BBS under "smilies", so feel free to throw them into your posts! :shagerd: If any screen reader users can let me know whether they're apparent or how they're read, that would be great. :iarel_staff: (There are a few strewn throughout this post.)

They use the same syntax as on Discord; that is, the emoji code with a colon before and after, like so: :example_emoji_code: :ujaeio_mask:

One can also just click them over on the right side of the post input box in the "smilies" section to add them in while writing a post. :kurn_mouths:

A list of them with their codes (and larger image versions) can be found here: https://cogg.contrarium.net/emoji.html :eye_of_vandin:
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Teri

Re: BBS COGG Emoji

Post by Teri »

Neat, thank you! :toteo:
Oh no, looks like I might die as I have lived. In the wrong place at the wrong time
Navi

Post by Navi »

I am only using one of many screen readers called NVDA, and it reads well for me. There is no alt-text describing them of course, but they are labeled which is perfect. :aphraen_sword_moon:
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

There is, in fact, alt text, but I can understand not realizing it as such. It simply is the name of the emoji,. Thus, I see no reason it shouldn't work with all screen readers.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
nobody

Post by nobody »

I had seen the :toteo: emoji a number of times on discord but hadn't seen the name label for it. I absolutely love it.

(for our VI users, it is a graphical representation of open parentheses period asterisk close parentheses, and for our non-technical users, that is a common regular expression for "match anything" and that is hilarious and brilliant.)
Navi

Post by Navi »

:verungnr_tentacles: :verungnr_tentacles:

These emoji's show up in the list with the same name. However, I do not see Vodr's trident. I am guessing there was a mixup when uploading them. Perhaps they show two different ones, but the same name? Just thought I'd point it out as I only noticed it after trying to put them in a recent crackpot theory.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Whoops. Fixed the label for vodr_trident. Apparently it got caught up in all the crackpot theories being posted recently. :verungnr_tentacles: :vodr_trident:
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

These are great! :verungnr_tentacles: :vodr_trident:

Will we get ones for Nereia and Naia?