Primalist bonuses for Growth, Bioluminescence, and [Redacted]

Seekers of knowledge, from physickers to alchemists to occultists.
Rias
DEV

Primalist bonuses for Growth, Bioluminescence, and [Redacted]

Post by Rias »

Primalists have received a few bonus effects that I think are pretty nifty!

- Primalists now receive the "Bed of Moss" bonus effect from the Growth ability. I thought this would be a fun utility ability for those Primalists who are all about being out in the wilderness all the time. Why would any self-respecting Wild Person seek an inn room when they can druid up a bed of moss, grass, or foliage perfectly shaped for their body?

- Primalists now receive the "Hypnotic Patterns" bonus effect from the Bioluminescence ability. A small chance to cancel some incoming attacks for Primalists who are channeling. It may not be an efficient reason on its own to keep channeling up while in combat, but it should be a nice little perk that can add to others that are being built around making Primalists want to keep channels open more often. I also just really love this one conceptually.

- Primalists now receive the "Channeled Rage" bonus effect from a certain hidden ability. No spoilers here on the BBS for this one, but it should hopefully make a certain ability a tad more viable for Primalists who can really tap into and channel that primal power better than anyone else. Go get em!
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Arphaxad

Re: Primalist bonuses for Growth, Bioluminescence, and [Redacted]

Post by Arphaxad »

Awesome!

These add some great flavor as well as useful perks. Nothing unbalancing. Glad to see these!

Thanks team!

Arphaxad
notgreg

Post by notgreg »

These are all very cool! Haven't tried out Channeled Rage yet but I'm into it.

Especially loving Hypnotic Patterns, which is such a cool idea. Are you flexible at all on the current partial-nudity requirements? It might be neat for it to be like any 3 body parts, or have the percentage increase based on total exposure? I like the crazy shirtless wilder archetype as much as the next guy but that's not how all characters swing.
tulpa

Post by tulpa »

Also love these changes, thank you. They've brought me back from the dark side to my Primalist once again.

One thing I am slightly disappointed with is that pole harnesses cover the back slot, so I can't benefit from the Bioluminescence bonus if I want to wield a polearm/staff/spear etcetera while also being able to sheath it. Would it be realistic for harnesses to function in the same way as chest-wraps do, in terms of exposure?
Navi

Post by Navi »

Seems like a reasonable suggestion. Why can't a pole harness just be like a haft frog on your back.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Marcuson

Post by Marcuson »

It isn't possible for Primalists to use the Bed of Moss bonus effect in certain wilderness rooms, even if the rooms have the Forest or Foliage environment tags -- the reason being that Growth can't be used if there are no populated plants. (For example: outside rooms in Kildr Dale.)

Would it be possible to allow the bonus effect in those rooms as long as they have an appropriate environmental tag?