Treasure Hunter Ability Suggestions

Rangers, bards, treasure hunters, rogues - anyone with a love for the adventurous lifestyle beyond the town walls.
Titus

Treasure Hunter Ability Suggestions

Post by Titus »

Inspired by the fantastic ideas in the Rogue Ability Suggestions, let us do the same for Treasure Hunter! :mrgreen:
Navi

Re: Treasure Hunter Ability Suggestions

Post by Navi »

Mechanical Aptitude: Grants rerolls when lockpicking, I.E. faster pick times, as well as when tinkering. Requires tinkering.

Tinkering: An ability that allows you to construct basic gearboxes, pulley systems, and spring contraptions using the metal rods and other various small components from metalworking.

These unique components can be used to temporarily increase the performance of pneumatic pistols, crossbows, and any other future mechanisms. Anyone can attempt to apply the upgrade, but only Treasure Hunters can construct them. They also would have a higher rate of success compared to the layman. I'd think a 20% success rate for nontreasure hunters, and 70% chance for Treasure hunters, with an extra 10% for intuitive treasure hunters. On a failed success the item is damaged, and the components are lost.

The increases to performance can range from rerolls on use, increase damage from weapons, reduced pressure consumption on pneumatic weapons, decreased stealth penalties when using ranged weapons. Only one can be installed at a time. Eventually these components will break down and will need to be replaced, causing some durability damage to the item.

Salvage Trap: An ability that allows the treasure hunter to salvage various bits from traps on lockboxes to be used when tinkering. Shutter traps could be used to create better release systems for crossbows, needle traps can produce springs to be used with pneumatic weapons and tools, the glyph beads can be used to decrease stealth penalties on flintlocks and pneumatic pistols.

Rapid Reload: Reduced round time when reloading crossbows, pumping pneumatic weapons, and reloading powder into flintlocks.

These are the ones that came to mind right off. Hopefully they help.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again