License or permit to use occult in the city.

Built on a lake, shrouded in unnatural fog, and under the law and protection of the mysterious Mistveil Keep. Was once the seat of the now-dissolved Mistveil Dominion.
Marcuson

License or permit to use occult in the city.

Post by Marcuson »

Several of us in voice chat were discussing Mistral Lake's view of law and order, and we were thinking it might be an interesting bit of roleplay for occultists to be strongly encouraged to obtain a license or permit from Dominion officials -- registering them as known occultists -- in order to make use of their occultism in the city proper. Makes sense that Mistral Lake would want to regulate the use of occultism in their city as well as have a list of known occultists that they could potentially tap as a resource if necessary.

Maybe this could be like a dark version of Raggni Karth.
Last edited by Marcuson on Wed May 04, 2022 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talyn

Re: License or permit to use occult in the city.

Post by Talyn »

I agree with this. Really interesting idea for any 'magic-user' to be registered.
I'm Not Accepting Surrenders At This Time. I Want You To Know Failure, Utter Defeat, And That It Is I Who Delivers It Crashing Down Upon You.
-NotRias
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

I dig it - especially calling it Occult licensing to drive home the difference between real supernatural effects (the occult) and fairytale nonsense (magic) from an IC perspective.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

I'm in favor of in general, more things to make people aware that the Occult is mysterious and chaotic and people need to be careful with it.

One of my biggest fears about the faction split is that people are just going to become even more frivolous with there use of the Occult, and just get even more defensive when people don't like them tossing it about like it's nothing.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Navi

Post by Navi »

I think it's a pretty good idea as well. I like the suggestion of the Dominion keeping tabs on all their powerful occult oriented citizens. However, I would love love loooove a license to practice fairytale nonsense. Please? :)
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again