Companies, and Character Names!

Share your feedback about COGG.
Frisbee

Companies, and Character Names!

Post by Frisbee »

My character, who happens to go by a different name from her coded one, recently got recruited into a company. Its founder asked me why she was showing up as another name, and I thought it was very strange that that was the case. We already have an introduction system in place, and that is to avoid metagaming and such. Shouldn't that extend to company members? Its purpous gets kind of defeated if you're affiliated with one. I mean, you manage it with OOC commands and you can do that from practically anywhere, but I still think they should be showing up as whatever its founder happens to have named them.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Taliaferro

Re: Companies, and Character Names!

Post by Taliaferro »

Just to clarify -- I think only the founder has access to the roster. I'm goofing around with founding a Company, and we're muddling through with figuring out how it works.

I imagine that in the fullness of time, when the company system gets some more development, this issue will be resolved!
nobody

Post by nobody »

Frisbee wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:49 pm My character, who happens to go by a different name from her coded one, recently got recruited into a company. Its founder asked me why she was showing up as another name, and I thought it was very strange that that was the case. We already have an introduction system in place, and that is to avoid metagaming and such. Shouldn't that extend to company members? Its purpous gets kind of defeated if you're affiliated with one. I mean, you manage it with OOC commands and you can do that from practically anywhere, but I still think they should be showing up as whatever its founder happens to have named them.
Have you used `name me as <new name>` to change your coded name to the one you use?
Frisbee

Post by Frisbee »

I have, yes. It was the first thing I did uponcreating the character. If I type introduce, for example, people will see me introduce myself as the new name that I chose.

That was a very valid question, though. Thanks for thinking to clarify it, and apologies for not having done it in the original post.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.