Who do you wish your character could be?

Socialize with the COGG player community
Navi

Who do you wish your character could be?

Post by Navi »

One character I look to for a lot of my shady character inspiration is Drothe from the Tales of the Kin series. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/880 ... ng-thieves
I don't think my characters would ever be as amazing as Drothe, but it's definitely something I strive for. I hope it's something that shows for those who have interacted with my characters past and present. Anyway, what are some of your inspirations, books, or otherwise.
wander without wanting, thrust into lands unknown. the shadows shift and change, and the worlds with them.
I'm not a soldier but I'm fighting
Can you hear me through the silence?
I won't give up 'cause there will be a day
We'll meet again
Frisbee

Re: Who do you wish your character could be?

Post by Frisbee »

A really good question, and one that briefly came to mind when I was creating my current main.

I had been reading, or rather listening to, a lot of the "Mistborn" series around that time. I think I got the idea to make her a former street kid by the fact that Vin, the protagonist of the first "Mistborn" trilogy, grew up in the streets. They also look quite similar, as far as I understand.

Personality-wise, I think a lot of the sarcasm and general cheekiness she often displays might have been inspired by MeLann and Lessie, who were voiced by two excellent actors in the audio book version that I was listening to. I often imagined her voice sounding quite similar to theirs.

Of course, there have been massive amounts of development throughout all my time playing her. A lot of me has seeped into her personality, and she has become a bit of a workoholic. Still, I think that having some sort of a starting point, even subconsciously, has helped immensely with making her who she is now.

Really looking forward to reading about other people's inspirations.
Stop putting watermellons into the first thing you see that looks like it can hold a watermellon. It is most rude, because you'll only make them feel like they don't belong.
Marcuson

Re: Who do you wish your character could be?

Post by Marcuson »

Dylan was in part inspired by the character Heihachi from Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai: someone who is less-skilled than his comrades, who openly admits to running away, and who bolsters others with his humor and good-natured teasing.

It would be nice if Dylan could live long enough to grow old and become more like Kambei Shimada, the leader of the seven, who is humble, friendly, and skilled but war-weary after having survived many battles.