Early Reroll Opportunity [SINCE REMOVED]

Post by Rias »

Enjoy an early reroll opportunity to reset your character's:
- Current Skills
- Guild/Class
- Abilities
- Recipes
- Primary Attribute

Characters can now use the REROLL command at the front desk of the Hearth and Home Inn to reset all of the above - it's an all-or-nothing kind of deal. It can only be done once per character, until there's a new reroll reset opportunity. I plan on one more reroll, at the time of the game's full release. There is a confirmation step, so feel free to use the command and see what it says without having to commit to the reroll right that second.

And consider this a test of sorts for this function. If anyone notices anything that probably should have been reset but wasn't, please let me know.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Re: Early Reroll Opportunity

Post by Rias »

Note: Skill Practice is NOT reset. So if you had 100 Weaving skill practiced and you use the reset, your CURRENT Weaving will be reset to 0, but your practice will stay at 100. You can therefore skill it right back up to that immediately at a trainer, if you want, without having to go through the practice again.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Annette

Post by Annette »

From Primalist to Primalist: Issue with Initiation Task
I chose to reroll in order to pick up skills for different activities, but with the intention of staying with the Primalist class. I was able to join the guild and receive the task to find Heidrun, but upon reaching the cave, the task would not automatically progress.
A stooped old crone says, "I have nothing else to teach you."
Thus, I am unable to continue with the initiation. As I understand it, the Primalist class is the lone path requiring a task to begin, which could account for why this happened, as such an initiation would normally be a one-time thing if not for this occasional chance to reroll.
How should I proceed?
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Glad we got it taken care of in-game. Working on a fix for that issue now so others won't have to go through it.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Rerolls were enabled as a convenience for early testing, but I think we're well beyond the early testing phase of the game, now, and people are getting into RP and world events and all that. As such, these rerolls/respecs are no longer available. If anyone gets tired of their character's concept or just wants to try something new, bust out an alt!

More specific resets may be made available at some point, like a one-time primary attribute reset opportunity once I get around to having stat selection be separated from character creation.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO