Artificing

Because there are too many crafting/profession skills for each to have its own forum.
Lexx416

Artificing

Post by Lexx416 »

I wasn't sure what exact sub board this should go under, since Artifice is a Performing skill. But I wasn't able to find any information here on the boards or on the MUD regarding Artificing. So I'd love to know, what is that skill actually going to do?
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Rias
DEV

Re: Artificing

Post by Rias »

Artifice replaced the "Picking Pockets" skill to allow it to be more broadly applicable. It helps with acts of deception or misdirecation, as opposed to stealth which is remaining completely undected. There's a little overlap conceptually, but I think I'm okay with that. So, things like:

- Stealing/picking pockets
- "Dirty Trick"-like combat maneuvers (bonus, not required)
- Picking up/stowing/placing small items without others seeing
- Fun sleight of hand tricks

Happy to take further recommendations.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

P.S. If you type SKILL ARTIFICE in-game, it returns the following:
While stealth involves moving about unseen, artifice is more about misdirection and concealing the movement or manipulation of objects. Useful for concealing actions such
as performance tricks, picking up or stowing objects unnoticed, dirty tricks, and for the particularly shady individuals: picking pockets and stealing.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Sleight of Hand or Legerdemain would probably be good names for the still! I had assumed it had something to do with crafting.
"You hear the Woses, the Wild Men of the Woods... Remnants of an older time they be, living few and secretly, wild and wary as beasts."
Valmorian

Post by Valmorian »

what about cardtricks, ya no like fortune telling, or making people think that you can tell fortunes, or do magic even when you cant
Lexx416

Post by Lexx416 »

Valmorian wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:34 pm what about cardtricks, ya no like fortune telling, or making people think that you can tell fortunes, or do magic even when you cant
I'd imagine fortune telling would be something to RP doing? I had a character that did fortune telling on another MUD, and it was purely something I did thru RP, without an associated skill. There was at least one or two others that did the same, with different styles of fortune telling, as far as I'm aware.
Valmorian

Post by Valmorian »

yes, but you could do a thing kind of like tarot cards, with a mechanic to draw card, then rp what you think the card means you could even do a slite of hand thing if you were so inclined if they picked a card that you weren't sure you new the meaning of or what you would say you could change the order with a distraction of some kind. Could always rp it as well certain mechanics for some things tend to keep things more orderly, but it's not required`