Help file parser issue with masking pipes in wiki pages

Discussion of MUD clients, plugins, the website, and other technical stuff.
nobody

Help file parser issue with masking pipes in wiki pages

Post by nobody »

In the wiki, a different page can be linked with [[page name]], but it can also be linked with masking text like [[page name|relevant words]]. However, the wiki parser places the whole text between brackets in the help file body (see help occult diagrams, which includes [[Glyph: small circle|small circle]] and [[Glyph: line|line]] among others (though those will likely be overwritten eventually as I expect as an ability page it is auto-generated by our goodly COGG Golem), and help glyphs which contains [[Glyph Retention|arcane mental capacity]]). It would be nice if it picked out the left hand side of the pipes (Glyph: small circle, Glyph: line, Glyph Retention) and put those at the bottom of the help file as part of a "See Also:" section and then just used the right hand side of the pipe in the help file text.

Additionally, I realized that when I linked to the category page for Glyphs [[:Category:Glyphs|Glyphs]], the word was omitted from the in game help file text altogether (e.g. The arcana skill is used to learn and contributes to the duration of occult diagram effects). I have remedied this issue by creating non-category pages for Glyphs and glyphs and redirecting them both to Category:Glyphs and then editing the relevant pages that I had linked to the category page with a link to the redirect pages with the relevant words [[Glyphs]] and [[glyph]] respectively.