Broken Writing Charcoal

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Irylia

Broken Writing Charcoal

Post by Irylia »

Instead of used up charcoal being broken and staying in your bag, can it just... get used up and disappear from your inventory like other such items (candles and food being examples). The charcoal is similarly being consumed and worn down until it's unusable and would presumably just be dropped or tossed when it's too small to hold anymore. I was recently trying to build something that needed writing charcoal as a material and once it became "unusable" and "broken" it spammed me on every step that the charcoal was in this state even though, theoretically, it was only used on the first step to begin with. (Yes, I've already bugged it as well). It just makes sense to me that the item would disappear instead of sticking around after use.
nobody

Re: Broken Writing Charcoal

Post by nobody »

I like this idea because (insofar as I know) there isn't any way to repair it. That being said, I've noticed the same issue with the unusable statement (at one point I had six broken tools at once and was receiving six additional lines for each craft step. That is, every (energy -3) included an additional 6 lines of notice about my set of already broken tools).