Walkers wanted! (Improving wilderness road signs)

General discussion of in-game events.
Rias
DEV

Walkers wanted! (Improving wilderness road signs)

Post by Rias »

Posted on the Shadgard Commons post board:
WALKERS WANTED!

Lost Lands road signage in need of updating to help caravans, travelers reach population centers and points of interest. Republic of Exiles willing to pay walkers R10,000 for estimations of # of travel leagues ALONG MAIN ROADS from OLD INTERSECTION SIGN N. OF SHADGARD to following destinations:
SHADGARD,
NEW EMBERLIGHT,
TARUEKA,
DUSKLAMP,
LIBRARY OF QAMAR,
STORMHOLDT.

Interested parties send COMPLETE LIST of road travel estimates to temp. mailbox 2013. INCLUDE RETURN MAILBOX # TO RECEIVE PAY, WALKER NAME TO RECEIVE PARTICIPATION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.

Pay may be delayed until sufficient data collected to make comparisons. R.o.E. not responsible for well-being of walkers - exercise due caution while traveling, pack travel food!
(Friendly reminder: You can use the SIGN command while holding a written letter(etc.) to add your name and mailbox number to it automatically.)
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Irylia

Re: Walkers wanted! (Improving wilderness road signs)

Post by Irylia »

Very neat! Do you want people to include non-wilderness rooms as full leagues when making their estimates or should they designate those parts of travel another way? A lot of these places require off-road travel.
Rias
DEV

Post by Rias »

Good question! Explorable areas (non-wilderness) are often contained within a league or two. If it's not a case of being able to see both sides of the explorable area and making a guess that way, I'd say it's fine to guestimate that each "sub-area" is a league or two for this project, though that's not a hard rule of distance in general. Go with your gut - I'll correct if I feel it's necessary.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
ocayucos

Post by ocayucos »

Time to do my part for the Republic!