Default containers upgrade

A place where new features are announced and discussed. (Feature suggestions go in the suggestions topic.)
Rias
DEV

Default containers upgrade

Post by Rias »

First off, the "gem" default container has been added.

Second, all actions that end up automatically stowing an item (such as commands like stow, loot, etc.) should now do their best to check a character's default container settings and look for one that matches the item type. If no matching set container is found, the "stow" container will be used if set.

Behold:
stow quar
You pick up a rough citrine quartz and put it into your velvet-lined gem pouch.

stow bisc
You pick up a dry hardtack biscuit and put it into your bluestem wicker picnic basket.

stow dag
You pick up a copper-hilted iron dagger and put it into your leather bandolier.
This update brought to you by me testing hurled weapons and being annoyed at the STOW command putting them into a container other than my designated hurled weapon container. And the letter P.

P.S. For those who may not know, use the CONTAINER SET command to view and set your default containers for various categories.

P.P.S. If anyone has additional category suggestions, let me know.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO
Fall

Re: Default containers upgrade

Post by Fall »

Where can I get a bandolier like that?
You notice ((DEV Rias)) reaching discreetly into your crude threadbare wool pants! Seeing your attention, he quickly withdraws his hand.
Rias
DEV

Re: Default containers upgrade

Post by Rias »

I'll make them available once I'm done adding the spiffy features I want for them.
<Rias> PUT ON PANTS
<Fellborn> NO