New War Riding Subabilities Based on Attribute Suggestion

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Gorth

New War Riding Subabilities Based on Attribute Suggestion

Post by Gorth »

I just think it'd be cool if the Primary Attribute affected War Riding, because then maybe there'd be more reason not to be a Strength Horse Soldier. I tried to come up with sort of minor things, but also things that I felt like might even out the attributes a little.

Agility, Poise: While mounted, your base balance is increased by two.
(I toyed with more, but I figure that since Armor Chink is at nine and all other balance requirements for special attacks start at ten, this way we still can't walk into a room and mash chink or truestrike. We can still charge, but that's different. And also, if a Duelist, for example, rode into a room, started at seven balance and then got a tactical dodge off, then they'd be able to chink. Which I think is cool, personally. I feel like this could go up to three. It doesn't seem super over powered to me, personally, because any disabler still would take you below zero.
Anyway, Duelists are supposed to be balance monsters, right? At least in theory. And Agility sort of goes along with that idea, in my head. So there. Not to mention that Agility is definitely a defensive stat and extra starting balance is pretty defensive.)
Willpower, Patient Defense: While mounted, gain an extra defensive reroll against incoming attacks and maneuvers. (Yes, I'd like to count being feinted, circled, or shield bashed amongst these).
/
While at one roundtime or less, add fifty percent of your riding skill to your block, dodge or parry rolls.
/
Gain an extra defensive reroll on resisting mental or fear based affects.
(I'll be honest, I've had this specific ability in mind for along time, toying with how to make it balanced. I'm clearly for the middle one. It's awesome, and it'd really help non-physical stat people out with dealing with the weight of heavier armor.)

I have a few more tidbits in mind for this, but I'm going to hold off until I concrete mix them, so people can look at this and potentially respond. I'd really appreciate it if you did. I really like high level War Riding, and I'd like to see it get more things than just being the Alphastrike system that sometimes gets you killed.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.
Gorth

Re: New War Riding Subabilities Based on Attribute Suggestion

Post by Gorth »

intuition, Deductive Rider: Additional chance for extra rerolls on attacks made while mounted.
(I don't know how much, because I don't know how the calculations work, but even at four hundred Riding, I don't seem to see more than two in passing. But I also haven't been particularly looking for it)
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Constitution, Rocksteady: Grants a passive chance to lower the duration of any incoming stagger by one second by ten percent while mounted.
(I just need an ability called Bebop.)

Strength, Bebop (name pending even though it shouldn't be): Your melee attacks that deal over 70 damage have a thirty percent chance to knockdown.
(This would need a lot of tweaking. This is very good. But Strength is always very good in everything ever. i wish it wasn't. Maybe it doesn't need a subability!)

Awareness, I Have the High Ground and See Farther (name not pending): While at three roundtime or less, add fifty percent of your Riding skill to any check involving Perception that you make while mounted.
(Yes, this includes dirtkick. It's good.)
ThresherAle

Post by ThresherAle »

Gorth wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:08 am Awareness, I Have the High Ground and See Farther (name not pending): While at three roundtime or less, add fifty percent of your Riding skill to any check involving Perception that you make while mounted.
(Yes, this includes dirtkick. It's good.)
Call it something like Shared Awareness. Animals can perceive things in ways we can't, and say this bonus is the rider knowing how to read their mount's behavior and cues to clue them in to something being not quite right and increasing their overall perception.
A black entity asks, "What goal is that?"
A sunset-orange entity says, "Gettin you to take a bath."
A black entity says, "I look forward to one of these boxes blowing up in your face."
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

(The druids already get the cool druid bonus. Since Berserkers don't have to do Druidry, I think they could also get these.)
Berserker, Attuned Fury: While mounted, your mount gains the offensive bonuses of your fury level when attacking.

Ranger, Wile E. Coyote (Name pending): While mounted, your mount gains twenty percent of your dodge skill.
(Maybe less. I'm not sure.)

Duelist, Flashy Hoofwork: While mounted, anytime you would gain balance, gain two* more.
(*Three?)
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

Nightblade, (uh...I don't have a name): Your horse's hooves have short, (+1)*, reach, while you are mounted.
(I'd be willing to see this go up to +3, maybe. It'd be neat to see this, though, because I feel like it lines up with the Nightblades' style of taking opportunities. And having a horse knock a man ass over teakettle is definitely an opportunity. Less of your horse being fended aids in this.)