Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Have a new general feature to suggest, or think one should be tweaked? Share your ideas here.
Candelori

Re: Various Quality-of-Life Suggestions

Post by Candelori »

The ability to prepend a short message to a document would be useful. I often forget to declare the date at the beginning of my letters.
My COGG website: https://candelori.neocities.org
You think to yourself, "I am tempted to henceforth refer to this as the Bicker Board."
You experience a sudden flash of insight, as though you have an increased understanding of who you are.
artus

Post by artus »

Too many rimeveil seeds? Given rimeveils spawn seeds all the time and a lot after each harvest, you can either sell it off or replant to make the pile even bigger and eventually have nothing to do with it whatsoever.
I don't know how rimeveil seeds are supposed to be like, but I'd imagine them being good food for chickies or squirrels or stuff like that. That'll give good use to something that just keeps generating and a substitution for the all too boring animal feed and pine nuts.:)
artus

Post by artus »

Could we cock the crossbow while sitting pleasy please? Loading works. I wonder why cocking doesn't.
Kentark

Post by Kentark »

You know how crossbows punch through chainmail like it isn't there? You need to apply that amount of force in the other direction (i.e. back towards the stock) in order to cock it. It's like doing a seated row of 160lbs+, except you don't get to fully extend your body for mechanical advantage - you'd be all crunched up, trying to pull all that at a bad angle. No, you gotta either get a device to crank it, or you gotta stand up, stick your boot through the stirrup (hint's in the name), and do a deadlift.

That doesn't mean it should be possible in game, of course. We're all superheroes.
Gorth

Post by Gorth »

artus wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:08 pm Could we cock the crossbow while sitting pleasy please? Loading works. I wonder why cocking doesn't.
No, please. There's already a longstanding bug where mobs can cock and load while staggered and proned. Perhaps players can't, for some reason, but I see no reason to allow more of it. Also what Kentark said. Very true. Crossbows are hard. I'd like to see them take energy to cock, if I'm being honest. Maybe we could have ability investment specifically for them. I'll hold off on suggesting all that, though, until I see how the trees leaf out.
:undm_scales_key: :shagerd:
Proud owner of the ten thousandth post.